Tourist killed by 'dinosaur-sized' shark off South African beach

Started by jimmy olsen, January 14, 2010, 12:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quotea Zimbabwean who lived in the Democratic Republic of Congo

Dude can really pick 'em.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

What amazes me is the willingness of folks to swim at a beach that *requires* "shark watchers".
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Maximus

Quote from: Malthus on January 14, 2010, 05:10:52 PM
What amazes me is the willingness of folks to swim at a beach that *requires* "shark watchers".
Did you miss the part where he had lived in Zimbabwe and DRC?

frunk

Admiral Yi

Like all of Australia?

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 14, 2010, 05:21:30 PM
Like all of Australia?

Yup, exactly.

Swimming in places where sharks the size of (name your object of choice) - that is, big enough to eat people at one gulp - are common, and hungry, just seems a trifle nerve-wracking.

Pool please!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on January 14, 2010, 05:23:56 PM

Yup, exactly.

Swimming in places where sharks the size of (name your object of choice) - that is, big enough to eat people at one gulp - are common, and hungry, just seems a trifle nerve-wracking.

Pool please!
and yet, there are very small things that can kill you, for wich you have a curious attraction ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Siege

Quote from: viper37 on January 14, 2010, 05:30:04 PM

Yup, exactly.

Pool please!
and yet, there are very small things that can kill you, for wich you have a curious attraction ;)

Bullets?
No much of a choice there, if you want to do your duty to humankind and erradicate Islam.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Malthus

Yup, exactly.

Pool please!

Well, I must admit a certain attraction for stuff like chocolate bars and pizza ... Not to mention bacon slices  :shutup: All of which can kill, though admittedly dying from eating is a lot slower than dying from being eaten!

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on January 14, 2010, 06:12:23 PM

Yup, exactly.

Pool please!

Well, I must admit a certain attraction for stuff like chocolate bars and pizza ... Not to mention bacon slices  :shutup: All of which can kill, though admittedly dying from eating is a lot slower than dying from being eaten!

As always, it depends!

Slargos

Not to mention

And yes, I could've selected one of many more horrible pictures but being a gentle person I elected to spare those who aren't especially interested in the gory details.  :sleep:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 14, 2010, 06:26:44 PM
Why so serious?

That's just so wrong on so many levels.  :rolleyes:

Quote from: TimmayI have empathy, maaan