And we're back!

Main Menu

Breaking News: 7.0 Earthquake in Haiti

Started by Admiral Yi, January 12, 2010, 06:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Queequeg on January 17, 2010, 05:23:36 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 17, 2010, 03:39:16 PM
Wait a minute.  You're in favour of a mass influx of Haitians on environmental grounds?
Massive depopulation is one of the few likely ways that Haiti can be salvaged.  Massive war or disaster is the less humane option.
Yeah, but it's actually more environmentally destructive to move the Haitians to the United States.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Queequeg

Quote from: Neil on January 17, 2010, 05:28:47 PM
Yeah, but it's actually more environmentally destructive to move the Haitians to the United States.
:huh:
Presumably it would be a population of just a few million spread across all the major cities in all net-immigrant-receiving nations, with a focus on the Francophone zone.   Not 3 million Haitians suddenly showing up in New York or Chicago.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Neil

Quote from: Queequeg on January 17, 2010, 05:31:11 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 17, 2010, 05:28:47 PM
:huh:
Presumably it would be a population of just a few million spread across all the major cities in all net-immigrant-receiving nations, with a focus on the Francophone zone.   Not 3 million Haitians suddenly showing up in New York or Chicago.
3 million Americans, no matter how they are distributed, are far more damaging to the environment than any amount of Haitians.

I would rather imagine that few francophone nations are fond of the idea of absorbing large numbers of criminals.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Fate

Queequeg

Quote3 million Americans, no matter how they are distributed, are far more damaging to the environment than any amount of Haitians.
To Haiti's environment?  I'm mostly concerned about that.  There is more than enough relatively pristine land here. 

I would rather imagine that few francophone nations are fond of the idea of absorbing large numbers of criminals.
Well, either they start having tons of unprotected heterosexual sex without later having abortions, or they start importing labor.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Neil

Quote from: Queequeg on January 17, 2010, 05:41:55 PM
Quote3 million Americans, no matter how they are distributed, are far more damaging to the environment than any amount of Haitians.
To Haiti's environment?  I'm mostly concerned about that.  There is more than enough relatively pristine land here. 
The more people living first world lifestyles, the more of Haiti's environment ends up underwater.
Well, either they start having tons of unprotected heterosexual sex without later having abortions, or they start importing labor.
Out of the civilized francophone cultures, France already has Muslims to bring in.  Wallonia and Quebec can parasitize more successful cultures.

Slargos

Population of Ethiopia (est)

2008: 82.5 million
1990: 51.7 million
1984: 42 million

This in a country that we've been led to believe has suffered greviously from starvation and famine the last 20 years. Yet still somehow managed to turn 40 million into 80 million in less than 30 years.

Now, Queequeg, if you believe that moving any number of people "to set things right" would result in anything but a temporary difference, I rescind my previous statement. You're stupid.

To elaborate further:

Haiti, 1984: 5 million
2010: 7 million

And to compare:
Sweden, 1984: 8.3 million
2010: 9.3 million

Your proposed population transfer does nothing to change the situation in Haiti, nor does it do anything to change the situation in Morocco, Pakistan, Kenya or any other massproducer of emigrants. It does everything for the individual migrant, but to propose that it changes anything for the better on a macro scale is just too retarded to even take seriously.

Eddie Teach

France might be better off with black-skinned crypto-Catholics than black-skinned Muslims, as far as social cohesion goes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 17, 2010, 05:58:44 PM
France might be better off with black-skinned crypto-Catholics than black-skinned Muslims, as far as social cohesion goes.
Not really.  They'd be pretty much the same.  For some reason, black skin = criminal.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on January 17, 2010, 06:06:02 PM
I commit crimes daily.
Not least of all your crimes against taste, Rainbow Brite.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Queequeg

Quote from: Slargos on January 17, 2010, 05:58:10 PM

Your proposed population transfer does nothing to change the situation in Haiti, nor does it do anything to change the situation in Morocco, Pakistan, Kenya or any other massproducer of emigrants. It does everything for the individual migrant, but to propose that it changes anything for the better on a macro scale is just too retarded to even take seriously.
I don't really want to argue with you as you are a racist retard, but here you are just very obviously wrong.  Immigrants send money to their home countries, take themselves and their children out of the overpopulated area, and can also bring with them ideas and some of the culture from the new country; look at the American impact on southern Italy and Sicily, or almost all of Mexico. 

But besides, I think Haiti is in some sense a special case, as there is plenty of forest just across the border in the Dominican Republic.  Just have a hyper-aggressive re-forestation program throughout the border region, combined with education in family planning and emigration.  Probably Haiti's only long-term hope.