News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Breaking News: 7.0 Earthquake in Haiti

Started by Admiral Yi, January 12, 2010, 06:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I can't believe a porkchop is calling us uncivilized.

The pot is calling the kettle black!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: Caliga on January 14, 2010, 09:21:34 PM
Hasn't there been some semi-serious talk about Canada acquiring Turks & Caicos?

ABout twenty years ago...I'm still waiting.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Caliga

Hence "semi-serious".

I for one approve of the notion of a Canadian Empire.  :Canuck:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

Quote from: Viking on January 15, 2010, 02:33:55 AM
Quote from: Josephus on January 14, 2010, 09:20:36 PM
I think CAnada should get it. I mean, our Head of State is from there and it would make a nice little warm place to visit in the winter...our own little Cuba as it were.

The Queen is Haitian?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchy_of_Canada

Our acting head of state, I mean. The one that cried during her heart warming television address.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Sl7LP5NDc

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

Just read that before the quake Haiti had 2 fire stations in the entire country. Damn, that's poor.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 15, 2010, 10:09:56 AM
Just read that before the quake Haiti had 2 fire stations in the entire country. Damn, that's poor.

Luckily they have all those hurricanes to put the fires out

Grey Fox

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 15, 2010, 10:09:56 AM

Concrete doesn't burn much.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Minsky Moment

French West Africa is a mixed bag, but there are some decently governed countries there.  I would certainly take Ghana over Nigeria, or Senegal over Sierra Leone.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

viper37

Quote from: Neil on January 15, 2010, 06:52:38 AM
Apartheid was civilization, and Zimbabwe was plenty successful when it was Rhodesia.
At that rate, just about any colony was successful when it was still a colony.  We were talking about post-colonial successes here.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Slargos

Quote from: viper37 on January 15, 2010, 11:54:03 AM
Quote from: Neil on January 15, 2010, 06:52:38 AM
Apartheid was civilization, and Zimbabwe was plenty successful when it was Rhodesia.
At that rate, just about any colony was successful when it was still a colony.  We were talking about post-colonial successes here.

Post-colonial success is had by not having enough natives left to fuck up the country.

Post-modern success is had by not inviting enough third worlders into your country to fuck it up.

Any questions?

Richard Hakluyt

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Slargos on January 15, 2010, 11:55:35 AM
Post-colonial success is had by not having enough natives left to fuck up the country.

Post-modern success is had by not inviting enough third worlders into your country to fuck it up.

Any questions?

Japan's doing pretty well, and it's almost completely natives.   :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Slargos on January 15, 2010, 05:12:14 AM
You people are ridiculously race-conscious, for avowing your hatred of racism.  :lol:

When it is constantly thrown in your face, you have little option.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 15, 2010, 12:02:00 PM
Japan's doing pretty well, and it's almost completely natives.   :P

The Ainu would disagree

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2010, 12:52:14 AM
And fuck you.

Quote from: Martim Silva on January 14, 2010, 09:40:53 PM
They have a LOT to do with that particular people. Which was the one used by the French to help in New Orleans. Remember how the things went with Katrina? One could hardly recognize the US there anymore.

Those people. Seriously? I can take a lot of shit on this board, but this sort of antiquated racism in a place of leisure? Scurry back to your den, please.  I'm a descendant of those people and the only negative I've noted in my life is having to put up with the bullshit of psuedo-scholars like yourself.
Don't worry, we've noted a couple of more negatives. :hug: