News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Breaking News: 7.0 Earthquake in Haiti

Started by Admiral Yi, January 12, 2010, 06:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on January 15, 2010, 12:16:24 AM
Yeah, kinda like Zimbabwe, a success story of post-colonization development.  Or Rwanda.  Or South Africa with the Apartheid and the subsequent riot/massacres every few years.

I suppose Sudan should also be cited as an example, along with Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Now, should we start talking about the Spanish Colonies?

British success stories are well known...so where are the French ones again? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

And fuck you.

Quote from: Martim Silva on January 14, 2010, 09:40:53 PM
They have a LOT to do with that particular people. Which was the one used by the French to help in New Orleans. Remember how the things went with Katrina? One could hardly recognize the US there anymore.

Those people. Seriously? I can take a lot of shit on this board, but this sort of antiquated racism in a place of leisure? Scurry back to your den, please.  I'm a descendant of those people and the only negative I've noted in my life is having to put up with the bullshit of psuedo-scholars like yourself.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on January 14, 2010, 09:20:36 PM
I think CAnada should get it. I mean, our Head of State is from there and it would make a nice little warm place to visit in the winter...our own little Cuba as it were.

The Queen is Haitian?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monarchy_of_Canada
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Viking on January 15, 2010, 02:33:55 AM
I think CAnada should get it. I mean, our Head of State is from there and it would make a nice little warm place to visit in the winter...our own little Cuba as it were.

The Queen is Haitian?

Pretty sure he means the Governor General. :secret:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

Quote from: garbon on January 15, 2010, 12:52:14 AM
And fuck you.

Quote from: Martim Silva on January 14, 2010, 09:40:53 PM
They have a LOT to do with that particular people. Which was the one used by the French to help in New Orleans. Remember how the things went with Katrina? One could hardly recognize the US there anymore.

Those people. Seriously? I can take a lot of shit on this board, but this sort of antiquated racism in a place of leisure? Scurry back to your den, please.  I'm a descendant of those people and the only negative I've noted in my life is having to put up with the bullshit of psuedo-scholars like yourself.

And you feel slighted, being related to them by blood?

You people are ridiculously race-conscious, for avowing your hatred of racism.  :lol:

Me, I suspect a more important component than race is actually a cretinous crushing creole culture.

Razgovory

Didn't the same thing happen to Portugal way back when.  I mean an Earthquake shoved the whole capital into the sea.

As for Haiti it's hard to build a nice country when the French periodically show up to extort or steal money from you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Octavian

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 15, 2010, 03:48:31 AM
Quote from: Viking on January 15, 2010, 02:33:55 AM

The Queen is Haitian?

Pretty sure he means the Governor General. :secret:

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Siege

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 14, 2010, 07:04:04 PM
Quote from: Siege on January 14, 2010, 05:49:02 PM
:mad:  Are you saying that I am not for real?

Sir, yes sir!

You are wrong. I really don't give a flying fuck about 3rd world shitholes and the iliterate subhumans that inhabit those places.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on January 15, 2010, 06:32:45 AMI really don't give a flying fuck about 3rd world shitholes and the iliterate subhumans that inhabit those places.

Is that why you left, dune coon?

Siege

British colonies became succesful countries only in the cases where they exterminated the local natives.
The spanish, the portuguese, and the french failed to do so in every single colony, so no success stories for them.

Siege

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2010, 06:35:04 AM
Quote from: Siege on January 15, 2010, 06:32:45 AMI really don't give a flying fuck about 3rd world shitholes and the iliterate subhumans that inhabit those places.

Israel is a 1st world country, whether you like it or not.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on January 15, 2010, 06:43:06 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 15, 2010, 06:35:04 AM

Israel is a 1st world country, whether you like it or not.

You weren't born in Israel, you fake Jew.  A Bedouin tent in an occupied territory refugee camp isn't Israel, you Jordanian nigger.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on January 15, 2010, 12:16:24 AM
Quote from: Neil on January 14, 2010, 09:51:19 PM
French colonies tend to be worse off than the colonies of any other country, mind you.  An uncivilized people cannot civilize.
Yeah, kinda like Zimbabwe, a success story of post-colonization development.  Or Rwanda.  Or South Africa with the Apartheid and the subsequent riot/massacres every few years.
Apartheid was civilization, and Zimbabwe was plenty successful when it was Rhodesia.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee