News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What are the odds? DG? Little help?

Started by Berkut, January 12, 2010, 01:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

I don't care what the math is, but the chance of rolling x 10s (while mathematically described above) depends on who is rolling and what the desired result it.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Slargos

Quote from: Viking on January 13, 2010, 10:56:55 AM
I don't care what the math is, but the chance of rolling x 10s (while mathematically described above) depends on who is rolling and what the desired result it.

:D

It sometimes appears that probability is just a well educated guess, and that reality does indeed load the dice.  :ph34r:

Berkut

So this happened in the first play through of the new "monster-light" Normandy wargame from GMT.

It is a team game with me and Justin Rice (one of the playtesters, I think) against Habs and another friend of ours. I am playing the CW forces.

Here is the situation at the end of the June 6th, Sword beach and 6th Airborne sector.

6th Airborne mostly dropped well, and is formed up to defend Pegasus bridge. The Germans left one of the airborne battalions unscreened however, and it managed to sneak into the suburbs of Caen, hiopefully blocking the bridges across the Orne north of Caen to German traffic. Probably going to be a suicide mission, but I hope to gum things up a bit for the Germans.

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

Just wait till the 21st Pz and their odd tanks steamroll you!
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Berkut

Quote from: PDH on January 13, 2010, 12:34:00 PM
Just wait till the 21st Pz and their odd tanks steamroll you!

I am hoping that they will have great fun trying to steamroll that poor Airborne battalion in the middle of the city.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Situation behind Gold and Juno beaches is interesting. Gold is pretty bottled up, but Juno is clear, and the Germans did not cover the road between bayeux and Juno beach, allowing the Canadians to send a regiment in behind the defenders at Gold beach, and siezing the important crossroads at Creully.

0 rows returned