Rod Blagojevich is too black, too strong

Started by Savonarola, January 11, 2010, 04:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Okay, but is he blacker than Bill Clinton:

QuoteEx-governor Blagojevich: 'I'm blacker than Barack Obama'
Posted: January 11th, 2010 12:10 PM ET

From CNN Political Producer Kristi Keck

(CNN) - Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich says he's "blacker than Barack Obama," and tells Esquire magazine that the "strength of the truth in America" will one day vindicate him.

The governor, who was impeached after being accused of trying to sell the Senate seat vacated by President Obama, says most of the people in politics are "full of s*** and phonies, but I was real."

Blagojevich tells the magazine that Obama was "catapulted in on hope can change, what we hope the guy is...

"What the f***? Everything he's saying's on the teleprompter. I'm blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in a black community not far from where we lived. I saw it all growing up," he says.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

"Blacker than Barack Obama" isn't setting the bar very high.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

merithyn

Quote from: Razgovory on January 11, 2010, 06:13:12 PM
Why?  What did he do to you?

Tried very hard to bankrupt my state morally and financially. Tried even harder to embarrass us (which, imo, he accomplished quite well).

I did not vote for him, and I was incredibly happy that he was kicked very far out of the political structure in Illinois.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Queequeg

Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2010, 01:47:14 AM
Serbs :lol:
I thought you worked with reasonably decent Serbians all the time?  For some reason, I've liked all the Serbians I've ever met and hated all the Bosnians.  Especially cause one of them went fucking retarded postal and killed my 15 year old cousin.   :(
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Caliga

Quote from: Queequeg on January 12, 2010, 03:05:26 AM
I thought you worked with reasonably decent Serbians all the time?  For some reason, I've liked all the Serbians I've ever met and hated all the Bosnians.  Especially cause one of them went fucking retarded postal and killed my 15 year old cousin.   :(
Serbians = not Muslim
Bosnians = Muslim

Any questions? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Quote from: Queequeg on January 12, 2010, 03:05:26 AM
Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2010, 01:47:14 AM
Serbs :lol:

Sorry about your cousin. :(

Still, Serbs are usually pretty ok folks, but that doesn't preclude them form being silly now and then. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on January 11, 2010, 10:13:50 PM
"Blacker than Barack Obama" isn't setting the bar very high.

Yeah, kinda like promoting yourself as "Whiter than Welk".

dps

This thread reminds me of the white politician who was giving a campaign address to a group of black voters and told them, "My heart is as black as yours".  I don't think there are many people of any race whose hearts are any blacker than Blagojevich's.

Savonarola

Quote from: dps on January 12, 2010, 05:11:15 PM
This thread reminds me of the white politician who was giving a campaign address to a group of black voters and told them, "My heart is as black as yours".  I don't think there are many people of any race whose hearts are any blacker than Blagojevich's.

George Wallace said that (well according to wikiquotes it was: "Sure, I look like a white man. But my heart is as black as anyone's here." but close enough)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock