How much time have you spent in foreign countries?

Started by Zanza, January 11, 2010, 03:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much time have you spent in foreign countries?

I've never been in a foreign country.
2 (2.8%)
Only been in foreign countries for short tourism stays.
28 (39.4%)
<6 months
8 (11.3%)
<1 year
6 (8.5%)
<2 years
8 (11.3%)
<3 years
4 (5.6%)
<5 years
5 (7%)
<10 years
5 (7%)
>10 years
5 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 68

CountDeMoney

Camerus

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on January 12, 2010, 09:34:57 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2010, 01:45:38 PM
19 years in Korea

No shit?  Were you born and raised there?

And how long have you been a Languishinian?  Don't you know the Yi Story?

Eddie Teach

I don't know it either. I fail as forum historian.  :Embarrass:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

You're all illiterate douchebags.

Yi was born after his father, a 7th Day Adventist missionary in Seoul who had trouble converting modernized Koreans, went to the countryside to a small struggling village whose name, loosely translated, meant "village of granite farming".  He met Yi's Mom, who, after a short courtship and teaching her Psalms in English, purchased her from her family with a Whirlpool washer-dryer set, despite not having any electrical service, after US tanks knocked over the village's only telephone pole during maneuvers two years earlier.  The newlyweds spent their first spring together bringing the Good News of the Lord to countryside Koreans who farmed dirt and counseling Korean orphanages on the 5 Levels of Nutrition until they had to hunker down when Mother Yi got preggers.  Still an infant, Yi was pulled around on his parents' travois as his parents travelled the Korean countryside preaching the Lord, meanwhile earning a small living dealing in furs and buffalo meat with French trappers.

I mean, fuck, people.  Don't any of you ever fucking pay attention to posts?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

BuddhaRhubarb

3 Years as Imperial Governor of Japan. other than that, short trips of a week or less, to various points in the U.S. of .A
:p

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 12, 2010, 10:16:05 PM
Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on January 12, 2010, 09:34:57 PM
No shit?  Were you born and raised there?
Si.
Yi, when I was in college one of my suitemates my senior year was a Korean exchange student in Boston to learn English.  He was a veteran of the ROK navy, and before he left when the year ended he gave me the belt from his dress uniform.  I thought it was kinda weird but a nice gesture so I bowed to him and he laughed at me and then patted my shoulder.

Is giving people your belt some sort of Korean ritual or was he just gay for me?  :)

@ CdM  :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

- Up into Canada(British Columbia) several times as a lad on my dad's sailboat.

- Three-week trip to Europe (England/Wales, Germany, Netherlands).

- 9-ish days in Canada transiting to Alaska.

- A bit over 2 years in Texas.

Hope to do a multi-week trip to Japan this Spring(since I can easily fly there free on Space-A from here), but I doubt I'll be able to take as much leave as I would want/need to, to make it viable. 

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on January 13, 2010, 07:44:46 AM
Is giving people your belt some sort of Korean ritual or was he just gay for me?  :)
Definitely gay.  Or maybe you're blood brothers now.  I forget which.

Caliga

For the life of me I can't remember the guy's real name now, but he went by John.  He told me everybody in Korea goes by an English name as well as their Korean name.  I think his real name may have been "Jun" or something that sounds like John.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Mr.Penguin

Lets see...

About 3 weeks in Norway...

14 days in Sweden + alot of short day trips...

Countless number of day trips to Germany, yes if nothing else just to bring home cheap beer and vine from the border shop...

6 days in Holland

5 days in Ireland

2 days in England, as part of the 50th anniversary of the D-day landings...

4 days in France, 50th anniversary of the D-day continued...

14 days in Yugoslavia
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers