Main Menu

Your opinion of Stalin?

Started by Faeelin, January 09, 2010, 04:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syk

Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2010, 12:21:54 PM
Quote from: grumbler on January 12, 2010, 12:14:13 PM
Sure, gramps; it is still funny as balls.  :lol:

Some stuff is so mind-blowingly stupid that it is fun to throw it back into the originator's face repeatedly.

Well, I'm glad that you're easily amused. I guess it takes some load off the shoulders of your male nurses at your old people's home. :)
As the resident nurse I have to ask: Would it help to know that I own an obscure 1943 nursing textbook of 544 pages I could cite from?

Syt

Quote from: syk on January 12, 2010, 12:31:34 PM
As the resident nurse I have to ask: Would it help to know that I own an obscure 1943 nursing textbook of 544 pages I could cite from?

I guess it has some "interesting" suggestions for the treatment of patients. :ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2010, 12:34:37 PM
Quote from: syk on January 12, 2010, 12:31:34 PM

I guess it has some "interesting" suggestions for the treatment of patients. :ph34r:

Depends. Is it a German nursing textbook from 1943?  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Quote from: Malthus on January 12, 2010, 12:38:50 PM
Is it a German nursing textbook from 1943?  :D

syk is a fellow North German kraut, so chances are good. ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2010, 12:40:40 PM
syk is a fellow North German kraut

Really,

the avatar didnt give it away at all.

syk

Chapter B: Hereditary and Racial Care
Yes it's a German book.

syk

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 12, 2010, 12:42:37 PM
Quote from: Syt on January 12, 2010, 12:40:40 PM
syk is a fellow North German kraut

Really,

the avatar didnt give it away at all.
You're from Switzerland then?

Habbaku

Though responsible for the deaths of many thousands of Poles, Stalin did not go far enough to remove Martinus from the timeline.  Work incomplete, so I will give him a C- for effort.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

Quote from: Habbaku on January 12, 2010, 12:48:08 PM
Though responsible for the deaths of many thousands of Poles, Stalin did not go far enough to remove Martinus from the timeline.  Work incomplete, so I will give him a C- for effort.

Indeed an argument could be made that Stalin so weakened the Polish nation that he created the conditions for Marti to exist.  Stalin Fails completely.

The Brain

You might want to check out Montefiore's chapter 11: Stalin the Fag Enabler.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: syk on January 12, 2010, 12:45:36 PM
Yes it's a German book.

Hmmm. I wonder what "racial care" I'd receive.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Tamas

Quote from: Malthus on January 12, 2010, 02:13:25 PM
Quote from: syk on January 12, 2010, 12:45:36 PM
Yes it's a German book.

Hmmm. I wonder what "racial care" I'd receive.  :lol:

:lol:

The Brain

Canadians were to be snipped and set to work on New Berlin.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.