News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Joe Lieberman is not so popular

Started by DGuller, January 08, 2010, 12:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Sometimes bad things do happen to bad people.  I hope spiting the Democrats was worth it.
QuoteLieberman tanks

Want to know how far Joe Lieberman has fallen in the wake of the health care vote last month? Barack Obama's approval rating with Connecticut Republicans is higher than Lieberman's with the state's Democrats.

81% of Democrats now disapprove of Lieberman's job performance with only 14% approving, and he's not real popular with Republicans who disapprove of him by a 48/39 margin or with independents who do so by a 61/32 spread either. It all adds up to a 25% approval rating with 67% of his constituents giving him bad marks.

Lieberman managed to antagonize both sides with his actions during the health care debate. Among voters who support the health care bill 87% disapprove of how Lieberman handled it with only 10% supporting it. But by voting for the final product after getting it watered down he also managed to earn the unhappiness of constituents opposed to the bill, 52% of whom say they disapprove of what Lieberman did to 33% in support.

Overall just 19% of voters in the state say they like what Lieberman did on the issue with 68% opposed.

When the Democrats, Republicans, and independents are all against you it's pretty hard to see a path to keeping your seat, and Connecticut may have an all new Senate delegation by 2013. Our polling on this year's Senate race released yesterday showed Congressman Chris Murphy could be a formidable candidate and while he won't run this year with Richard Blumenthal in the race he could give Lieberman a run for his money in 2012.
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/01/lieberman-tanks.html

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Maybe Joe would be more popular if he didn't always give speeches or do interviews while seemingly on the toilet.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Faeelin

He got to back up the insurance companies and give a fuck you to lefties, and might retire in a few years. I'm sure he's fine.

DGuller

Quote from: Faeelin on January 08, 2010, 01:07:24 PM
He got to back up the insurance companies and give a fuck you to lefties, and might retire in a few years. I'm sure he's fine.
I'm sure he'll do just fine monetarily, but the loss of his reputation has been rather impressive.

Crazy_Ivan80

"Lieberman tanks"

Obama's supposed to be the Healer

I'm guessing the Clinton is DPS then?

KRonn

This loss of popularity seems to be nearly an epidemic among many politicians lately.  :hmm: