Andrew Sullivan: US should institute a 2 state solution by force

Started by jimmy olsen, January 07, 2010, 07:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: Faeelin on January 07, 2010, 10:30:41 AM

Eh. I don't approve of HIV+ people who engage in unprotected sex via online hookups and then ramble on about gay families.

I also don't approve of the fact that he called me an "authoritarian part of the left" over the summer.
I'm hoping these two pieces of information aren't related.   :ph34r:

He is a bit prone to anger and not thinking straight; I won't use the word "hysterical", because as he pointed out, it is too often used on gays for...questionable reasons.  Besides that I like him quite a bit; he was one of the few great sources during the Iranian Election fuckaroo, and he's maintained pretty good coverage. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Faeelin

Quote from: Grallon on January 07, 2010, 10:33:01 AM
It seems he sized you up pretty well - you alway striked me as the log cabin type.  :P

I am touched that the guy who favors genocide finds me conservative.

And yea, he did refer to me specifically:http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2009/07/confusing-speech-and-action.html

Martinus

Quote from: Queequeg on January 07, 2010, 10:38:24 AM
I won't use the word "hysterical", because as he pointed out, it is too often used on gays for...questionable reasons.

I'm a victim of this too. :(

Queequeg

Quote from: Martinus on January 07, 2010, 10:43:28 AM
I won't use the word "hysterical", because as he pointed out, it is too often used on gays for...questionable reasons.

:lmfao:

I'm hoping this is very clever self-deprecation. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

Bullshit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Hey, I've been called "hysterical" on Languish too, have I not? :P

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on January 07, 2010, 10:47:10 AM

True but you have been called basically everything on Languish at one point or another.  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on January 07, 2010, 10:13:04 AM
Quote from: Grallon on January 07, 2010, 09:59:11 AM
- either the jews close the shop and abandon Israel
- or they offer full union with the palestinians.. in which case they'll be outbred before long and become a minority.

You do know that the Jewish women in Israel breed at a rate of 2.88 children per woman, you know, almost twice that of Quebec.  That is ridiculously high for a country with western style life expectancy.  How the Palestinians will manage to outbreed that 'before long' boggles the mind.

So unless the Arabs have cloning machines Israel/Palestine will collapse due to water shortages or mass starvation long before the Arabs outbreed them.
You do know that the birth rate of jewish women in Israel was at a rate of 2.7 children per mother while that of the Arabs was at a rate of 3.8 children per mother, right?
"How the Palestinians will manage to outbreed that 'before long'" will be by having a higher birth rate, which they have.  "Before long" is now.  This isn't rocket science.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on January 07, 2010, 10:47:10 AM
Yeah, but you are hysterical, Mr. Sixteen Hours.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sophie Scholl

"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Sheilbh

:lol: :console:

I see where Sullivan's coming from (generally I like him) not least because this issue is more like a civil war than a normal war. 
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on January 07, 2010, 11:14:40 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 07, 2010, 11:10:05 AM
I'll give the jews breeding tips.
:lol:  Multi-task!  Get more bang for your fuck with twins!

After seeing the Jewess businesswomen out of Tel Aviv, I'd gladly volunteer.

Josquius

Because of course force has really helped the Palestine problem in the past...
██████
██████
██████