News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PDF Help

Started by Sheilbh, January 06, 2010, 11:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

I've got to fill in some forms.

They were e-mailed over to me in .pdf format.  Trouble with that is that I can only read them.  So I can't edit them, or add my details.  I've got some forms to fill in and I CAN'T FILL THEM IN.

On another note London's in the middle of the biggest cold snap since either 1947 or when people could skate on the Thames.  Unfortunately for some reason THE HEATING DOESN'T WORK.  When I get too cold I go and stand in front of my open oven in three duvets wondering if the hypothermia or duvet inferno will get me first. 

And I still have to go outside to smoke :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

DontSayBanana

If the files aren't locked as read-only, you don't have to download anything to edit them.  You could use PDF Hammer.
Experience bij!

Cerr

You're probably better off printing the pdf, filling it in with a pen and then scanning it.

Josquius

Lots of orgs seem to send out forms to be filled in in PDF.
Or in word docs with lines and the like which are distorted if you fill them in on a computer. The world is too centred on paper based stuff still.
Do you not have to sign this form when you're done anyway? So printing would make sense
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

How about some PDH help?

There are digital signitures in Adobe Professional.  But a lot of these electronic forms are meant to be printed out and filled out by hand.
PDH!

viper37

I use Nitro Pro to edit PDF files, and I quite like it.  You can also combine or split PDF files.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Viking

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 06, 2010, 11:33:45 PM
I've got to fill in some forms.

They were e-mailed over to me in .pdf format.  Trouble with that is that I can only read them.  So I can't edit them, or add my details.  I've got some forms to fill in and I CAN'T FILL THEM IN.

On another note London's in the middle of the biggest cold snap since either 1947 or when people could skate on the Thames.  Unfortunately for some reason THE HEATING DOESN'T WORK.  When I get too cold I go and stand in front of my open oven in three duvets wondering if the hypothermia or duvet inferno will get me first. 

And I still have to go outside to smoke :weep:

There are a lot of free pdf writers. I suggest you google "free pdf writer".
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.