Started by Slargos, January 06, 2010, 08:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win?

Jason Bourne
James Bond
Jaron in the Box
Other (explain with a 500 word novella)

Slargos

Who would win in a fist-fight: Jason Bourne or James Bond?

I'm assuming no firearms, but rather common house hold items since they're duking it out over who gets to pick the channel.

For the purpose of this discussion, let's assume Bond has only had enough martinis to boost his natural charm, self-confidence and ability to take the pain, but not slow his reaction time down. Bourne hasn't just been chased by the collected police force of the entire city, been savagely beaten, shot or otherwise physically abused, but just witnessed the shooting death of his girlfriend and needs someone to take the angst out on.

Discuss.

Eddie Teach

Bond, unless being played by Pierce Brosnan.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Uh. Bourne is a manufactured killing machine.

But I vote Jim Beam.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Capetan Mihali

:huh:  Are you serious?

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 06, 2010, 09:48:46 PM
I know someone called James Brown.  When he was about 8 and his dad was driving him to school.  'Sex Machine' came on the radio and his dad said 'I HATE James Brown'.  Fucked him up.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Mihali, you're such a nerd. That was twice as many words as the assignment called for.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 06, 2010, 09:53:28 PM
Mihali, you're such a nerd. That was twice as many words as the assignment called for.  :P

I laughed.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: Sheilbh on January 06, 2010, 09:52:12 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 06, 2010, 09:48:46 PM
I know someone called James Brown.  When he was about 8 and his dad was driving him to school.  'Sex Machine' came on the radio and his dad said 'I HATE James Brown'.  Fucked him up.
:lmfao:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Darth Wagtaros

I expected a Jim Bean option.
PDH!

sbr

Belushi, the funny one.

Tonitrus

Brazen

I was just considering the other day how many fictional characters have the initials JB. And far more of them are called "Jack" than adults are in real life. Real-life Jacks are either 80 or 4.

I shall now have the image of Matt Damon and Daniel Craig having a naked fist-fight to fuel me during my commute, thanks, and will have an answer when I'm done :P

Slargos

Quote from: Brazen on January 07, 2010, 02:01:50 AM
I was just considering the other day how many fictional characters have the initials JB. And far more of them are called "Jack" than adults are in real life. Real-life Jacks are either 80 or 4.

I shall now have the image of Matt Damon and Daniel Craig having a naked fist-fight to fuel me during my commute, thanks, and will have an answer when I'm done :P

:bleeding:  :yuk:

FFS!  :P

Admiral Yi

Bourne dismantles any Bond with the possible exception of Sean Connery in that movie where he chop blocks Top Job.

Slargos

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 07, 2010, 04:43:24 AM
Bourne dismantles any Bond with the possible exception of Sean Connery in that movie where he chop blocks Top Job.

Craig Bond seems to be quite decent in a fight.

Though I agree on the verdict.

Bourne beats people to death with magazines.