So I'm thinking of getting into painting minis

Started by Razgovory, December 18, 2009, 12:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluebook

Quote from: The Brain on December 20, 2009, 03:04:07 PM
Quote from: Bluebook on December 20, 2009, 02:30:05 PM
Ok, so after painting them, what do you guys do with them?

I put them in my closet. I am: CdM of tabletop gaming.

Your hobby is weird. But thats ok, I wont judge.

Razgovory

My little dudes came today!  I have a friend who has done of model painting before and might help me pick up some paint and brushes.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on January 10, 2010, 03:28:50 AM
Which ones did you get?

I got 3 packs of 4 guys from Copplestone.

The American adventuers

The European advisors

They don't seem to be painted here.

And these nefarious looking Germans

They came awfully quick from Britain.  Less then a week.  Now I'll just need some paints (a friend is helping get some) and I'm set to waste time!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Oooooh, those would go well with a Quatermain adventure or something Steampunkish. :nerd:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

They look like really nice figures. One thing I like when I've painted fairly similar figs is that they have the right amount of detail, not too much and not too little. GW figs are often completely overloaded with details which can make painting them a chore.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.