News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Paradox Interactive Convention 2010

Started by Syt, January 05, 2010, 11:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454072

QuoteThe Paradox Interactive Conference of 2010 is a gathering for the entire Paradox family and partners and will take place in Stockholm, Sweden on January 20-22.

It's best described as a mini-Game Developer Conference where most of our developers (internal and external), publishing partners and journalists get together for 2 days of game presentations, developer round-tables, Q&A's and general shoulder rubbing.

In short - a big 3-day Paradox-athon.

What's more is that we will be announcing something big every day during the week. A PIC of the day - if you so will. So it will be a really exciting week for everyone interested in games and Paradox Interactive.

Paradox has always been passionate about gaming and gamers. What started out as a small development studio 10 years ago has grown into an international publishing company built on strong relationships with talented development studios, sales and distribution partners worldwide. We believe our success stems from giving gamers what they want, sometimes even before they know they want it themselves and always staying true to who we are – gamers at heart.

Staying true to our word, we recently organized a competition on Facebook where a lucky winner and a friend will get to come to the event and be the voice of the gamer. We hope to announce the winner later this week.

We are very excited to kick-off the year with this event and hope to give the fans and the rest of the world a great insight into who we are, what our developers are made of and what we believe will excite gamers about our upcoming titles!

Keep your eyes peeled on our website, our twitter feeds, Facebook fan pages and the forum for more information as we get closer to the event.

/The Paradox Team
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

ulmont

Yeah, Stockholm's exactly where I want to be at the end of January.

Although, in fairness, the 10-day forecast for Stockholm isn't much worse than for Atlanta.  :bleeding:

DisturbedPervert

I hope everyone from EUOT turns in their parental permission slips in time!

Josquius

Interesting.
Its to be in Swedish or English? I may well have a look down, might even be able to score free train tickets if I pass it off as being to do with my course.
Or its not a open thing? seeming that way with mention of the competition...
Why boast then?
Bah.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Why go to the bother of holding it there?  All they are going to get are the usual crowd of Swedish supporters.

Why not hold it somewhere where they can grow some market share and interest in their games?

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on January 05, 2010, 04:41:15 PM
Why go to the bother of holding it there?  All they are going to get are the usual crowd of Swedish supporters.

Why not hold it somewhere where they can grow some market share and interest in their games?

Yeah the announcement made it sound so as it is a sort of invitation only event. Altough if I win on Facebook, I would actualy go, unlike the previous 3 losers they selected.

Hey Johan, choose me and I'll bring you a bottle of pálinka :P

Ed Anger

Sounds about as retarded as the HPS sims convention.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Brain on January 05, 2010, 07:41:34 PM
Should I crash it?

You should go and find out what they did with my money they stole by not letting me download the Victoria expansion through their shitty service.

Syt

The wrap up:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457294

Quote from: Shams;10687789Hi Everyone!

It's been an exciting, fun and challenging week and it's almost over.

We've just released a pressrelease detailing the final announcements and summarizing the event.

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/press/2010/1/paradox-interactive-convention-wraps-up-successful-week

These are the final announcements.

----
STOCKHOLM – January 22, 2010 – Today, Paradox has wrapped up an exciting week in Stockholm, as the city was host to the Paradox Interactive Convention. Serving as a hub for internal and external developers, publishing partners, journalists and other friends of Paradox, the Paradox Interactive Convention featured upcoming game presentations, developer roundtables and loads of entertainment for all parties involved.

Not short of new game announcements, Paradox Interactive debuted many upcoming titles, starting with the World War II strategy title, Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943, which places strategy fans in the heart of the Kharkov Defense Operation of 1943 and will be available Q1 2010.

Much to the delight of fans of the Sword of the Stars franchise, Paradox announced Sword of the Stars II, the full stand-alone follow-up to the popular space strategy titles. Sword of the Stars II will feature the six races from the original game, as well as its expansions, marking a major step forward in the series' approach to 4X gameplay. Setting a new standard for the genre, as well as revealing dark secrets of the original series, Sword of the Stars II is sure to please fans of the genre when it is released next year

Magna Mundi will bring open-ended challenging gameplay that spans over 300 years, as players will be able to relive key events that shaped the modern world. Starting with the Fall of Constantinople, travel in time throughout formative periods in modern history, such as the Renaissance, the Reformation, and the Colonial Era. Play as over 300 countries and relive the excitement of the fight for American independence and the French Revolution when Magna Mundi is released 2011.

Commander: Conquest of the Americas combines the best elements of trading and strategy games. Set in the 16th century, players will take charge of a wide variety of European nations in efforts to conquer the New World. With as many as 30 ships to control and varied environments (from the Caribbean to the Hudson Bay), players have much to look forward to when the game is released Q3 2010.

Two upcoming titles from the recently acquired developer AGEOD were presented; Rise of Prussia, a strategy title set during The Seven Years War aimed for Q1 2010. The second game; Vainglory of Nations gives players control of the Great Powers of the world during the time period of 1850-1920, also came to light and is expected late 2010.

Following up on the recent news that Paradox Interactive will enter the console territory, Magicka, an action-adventure game based on Norse mythology, will be available to download on PC and consoles in Q2/Q3 2010. Up to four players will be able to join together in casting spells and wreaking havoc on the minions of darkness, in a grand and humorous adventure to save the world from ultimate doom.

Magicka joins Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West as the company's foray into the console domain. Paradox Interactive showed off the exciting team-based multiplayer action of the western themed third-person shooter to much applause from the attendees. Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West is set for release late Q1 2010.

Those in Stockholm this week also had a chance to further preview other previously announced titles, such as the 19th century grand strategy title Victoria II, the real-time strategy title set during the Crusades, Lionheart: Kings' Crusade, the ultra-realistic simulator of the oceans, Ship Simulator Extremes, and the highly anticipated Mount and Blade: Warband, the next installment to the beloved Medieval action RPG.

Finally, Paradox unleashed the brand new expansion for Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom, Majesty 2: Kingmaker. The expansion to the highly acclaimed fantasy strategy title introduces Majesty fans to Lord Blackviper and his army of goblins, as they disrupt the peaceful land of Ardania. Majesty 2: Kingmaker will be available Q1 2010.

The event served as a fantastic way to bring Paradox Interactive's developing, publishing and distributing partners together in the true gaming spirit behind the business of the international publishing company. Kicking off 2010 with a bang, Paradox Interactive fans have much to look forward to in the coming months ahead.

For more information, visit the recently redesigned www.paradoxplaza.com and follow @pdxinteractive on Twitter.

-------

/s

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DisturbedPervert

If they're finally entering console territory they need to make a version of EU2 for the Nintendo DS

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on January 23, 2010, 07:14:31 AM
If they're finally entering console territory they need to make a version of EU2 for the Nintendo DS

How would that even work?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on January 23, 2010, 07:46:18 AM

How would that even work?

You have a touchscreen so it's just like using a mouse.  Maybe use the top screen as a world map controlled with the dpad and a button to change location of the bottom screen, which is a zoomed in map where you control everything with the stylus. You'd probably have to cut down the number of provinces and countries a lot so it'd run, maybe have to wait till the next gen DS.

Tamas

So basically within the Paradox enterprise, the whole thing of making historical strategy games is just now an aftertought?