News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

New York must be opposed at every turn, but the Colts are the spawn of the Devil!  I don't know who to root for. :weep:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: Neil on January 17, 2010, 08:25:45 PM
Quote from: JacobL on January 17, 2010, 08:23:23 PM
Quote from: Neil on January 17, 2010, 08:04:53 PM
Quote from: JacobL on January 17, 2010, 08:00:51 PM
Turner needs to get the Jim Zorn treatment and be fired as soon as he gets back home, although in this case that would be after he drives home and not after the team flies home.  They should even have someone changing the locks on his office before he gets out of the locker room tonight. :showoff:
Why?  Is the total lack of skill by the Chargers his fault?
They turned the ball over more, were more sloppy in general, were penalized far more, showed too little energy in the first half and in general displayed what I would consider poorly coached teams to display.
And yet they dominated in the regular season.

What is your stance: that Norv is a good coach, or that the Chargers do not have a talented roster?

Both of those ideas are completely contrary to all generally accepted wisdom.

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 17, 2010, 08:30:20 PM
New York must be opposed at every turn, but the Colts are the spawn of the Devil!  I don't know who to root for. :weep:

Root for an asteroid to hit the stadium during the game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Only one decent team worth rooting for left.

Go Nawlins!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on January 17, 2010, 08:27:22 PM
B. Was a terrible Washington coach.
How many non-terrible Washington coaches have their been in the modern era?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Vince

I love the fact that New England has to watch quite possibly the two teams it hates the most in the AFC Title Game.    :P

Barrister

So I'm definitely a Vikes fan, but who can possibly hate either the Colts (except for Seedy) or the Saints?   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

JacobL

Quote from: Valmy on January 17, 2010, 08:31:10 PM

Or for the Saints and Vikings game to be so insanely awesome the NFL decides to let those two teams replay each other in the Super Bowl. :cool:

Vince

Neil

Quote from: sbr on January 17, 2010, 08:31:05 PM
What is your stance: that Norv is a good coach, or that the Chargers do not have a talented roster?

Both of those ideas are completely contrary to all generally accepted wisdom.
Norv is fairly good coach.  As for the Chargers, they have a good QB, but their RBs are weak (Sproles is small, and not in the good Jones-Drew/Rice way, Tomlinson is used up) and their receivers are a gimmick (their tall guys aren't so good if they aren't permitted to run free and victimize short DBs).  Their defence is totally dependent on Jamal Williams, although Jammer has some talent.  Their pass rush is non-existant ever since they made Merriman take a break on the juice.  Other than Jamal Williams, the only truly first-rate player they have is Scifres, and maybe asshole Rivers.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

ulmont

Neil

Quote from: JacobL on January 17, 2010, 08:36:45 PM
Quote from: Valmy on January 17, 2010, 08:31:10 PM

Or for the Saints and Vikings game to be so insanely awesome the NFL decides to let those two teams replay each other in the Super Bowl. :cool:
Favre must not play in a Superbowl.

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on January 17, 2010, 08:35:36 PM
How many non-terrible Washington coaches have their been in the modern era?

Marty and Joe Gibbs.

Zorn wasn't terrible but he wasn't ready to be a big time coach either.   Norv was just dogshit but fortunately for him the ownership was in total disarray so there was nobody around to fire him.  To be fair though Charlie Casserly had a big role to play in Norv's terrible teams...but man whenever a big play needed to be made you knew Norv's teams would fold like a cheap tent.  He was also great at taking good talents and making them be underachievers.  Norv is, or at least was, practically the master at coaxing underachievement.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Anyone else check out the 60 Minutes story on American Samoa right after the game?  Total population 65,000, they have 30 guys in the NFL and 100 in Div I.

ulmont

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 17, 2010, 08:59:39 PM
Anyone else check out the 60 Minutes story on American Samoa right after the game?  Total population 65,000, they have 30 guys in the NFL and 100 in Div I.

Yeah, Samoans are all big motherfuckers.