News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Playoffs? PLAYOFFS? Yes, NFL Playoffs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 03, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on January 17, 2010, 01:37:26 AMThat was the only penalty against the Ravens that you could have a legitimate complaint about.

It wouldn't have stopped Mr. Perfect from scoring anyway.  Ugh, Manning was so dialed in on his precious little 7 yard slants, it was to the point of being obnoxious.

Have to hand it to the Colts.  They were aggressive when they needed to be, and went for the jugular when they had the chance in the first half.  4th and 3, and pushed for the TD with 1:20 left in the first half: which I blame the Ravens offense, as that's 1:19 more than Mr. Perfect needs.

This game was over before halftime.

Admiral Yi

CountDeMoney

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2010, 01:24:03 AM
And that penalty on Ray Lewis in the endzone was total bullshit;  a receiver isn't "defenseless" when he's attempting to score a touchdown.  How the hell else are you supposed to separate him from the ball?  Helmet to helmet, my black ass.

Ah well.  Saints and Colts in the Super Bowl.

Refs have been making a lot of shitty calls this postseason, and not calling things they should have.  Look at the Packers game last week: there was a pretty clear face pull on the Packers' last touchdown drive and nobody called it.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 17, 2010, 09:47:14 AMRefs have been making a lot of shitty calls this postseason, and not calling things they should have.  Look at the Packers game last week: there was a pretty clear face pull on the Packers' last touchdown drive and nobody called it.

Meh, the penalty not called before that play was more egregious.

But, the league wants to accomplish two things:
1) Protect the (big name) QBs
2) Increase scoring

So, they're not going to be happy until they've totally neutered the defenses, and turn the NFL into the NBA.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 17, 2010, 09:51:02 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 17, 2010, 09:47:14 AMRefs have been making a lot of shitty calls this postseason, and not calling things they should have.  Look at the Packers game last week: there was a pretty clear face pull on the Packers' last touchdown drive and nobody called it.

Meh, the penalty not called before that play was more egregious.

But, the league wants to accomplish two things:
1) Protect the (big name) QBs
2) Increase scoring

So, they're not going to be happy until they've totally neutered the defenses, and turn the NFL into the NBA.
You think it's bad now, just wait until after the season after the lockout ends, in 2012 or 2013.  In addition to the much-anticipated 'defence isn't part of the game' overtime rules, I would imagine we'll see a lot of calls designed to 'rebuild the brand'.  Tackling the receiver?  15 yards, automatic first down.  Sacking the quarterback?  15 yards, automatic first down.  Putting eight in the box?  Illegal formation, 5 yards, automatic first down.  Jamming a receiver at the line of scrimmage?  5 yards, automatic first down.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: sbr on January 17, 2010, 11:18:47 AM
Ed Reed is 50-50 on coming back next year.
I think he'll play next year, but then won't come back after the lockout.

Too bad.  That neck injury has really cut short a promising career.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Gaines Adams is dead.  :huh:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=4833908

Edit:  None of the articles I'm looking at have any sort of info yet.  Just happened a couple hours ago.

JacobL

Rumor making the rounds is he died from a heart attack. :(

Neil

ulmont

And now for the Forces of Evil game.  Ideally the Cowboys will win with Romo badly injured in the 4th quarter.

Neil

Quote from: ulmont on January 17, 2010, 12:46:23 PM
And now for the Forces of Evil game.  Ideally the Vikings will win with Favre badly injured in the 4th quarter.
fyp.

Viking-lovers aren't retarded assholes like Cowboy fans.  They're just tainted by their association with Favre.

ulmont

Yeah, but the Vikings have a better backup QB than the Cowboys.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on January 17, 2010, 01:27:11 PM
Quote from: ulmont on January 17, 2010, 12:46:23 PM
And now for the Forces of Evil game.  Ideally the Vikings will win with Favre badly injured in the 4th quarter.
fyp.

Viking-lovers aren't retarded assholes like Cowboy fans.  They're just tainted by their association with Favre.

I'm happy to be tainted by a man that can throw TDs like that.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.