Started by Martinus, January 03, 2010, 08:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Quote from: The Brain on January 04, 2010, 09:41:16 AM

:lol:

-----

Paxil I said Marty - get a prescription already!  :nelson:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

lustindarkness

:nelson:

edit: you can can check out of languish, but you can never leave.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Octavian

Quote from: The Brain on January 04, 2010, 06:45:06 AM
It's the good advice
That you just didn't take

And who would've thought? It figures!
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Darth Wagtaros

He defriended me. :( What did I do to him?
PDH!

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on January 04, 2010, 09:04:34 AM
Quote from: Martinus on January 04, 2010, 09:02:12 AM

Fuck you, bitches. And thanks to all the people who told me to come back.  :secret:

WHO THE FUCK DID THAT?!

Not me. Fucker ignores my PMs anyways.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Worst Hissy-Fit Depature since OvB :contract:

Welcome back just the same.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

OVB at least stayed gone for a while.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: HVC on January 04, 2010, 10:48:25 AM
Worst Hissy-Fit Depature since OvB :contract:
I don't remember that.  :blush:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Viking

I called him a slut, so I'm not surprised he defriended me.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on January 03, 2010, 10:37:32 AM
Not only does he come across as an asshole, from interviews I've seen with him he also seems just flat-out crazy.  IIRC he crashed his motorcycle once, so maybe he got brain damage from that.

Hmm, maybe he's bipolar or something.  My buddy in Denver was on a flight with him out of Denver, and sat next to him while they were waiting at the gate.  He said Busey actually struck up a conversation with *him*, and couldn't have been nicer.

Semi-related, nicest celebrity I ever met by accident: Frank Robinson.  One of the few times I was actually star-struck.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Yeah, could be.  I remember a while back I mentioned on here a friend of mine had met Shatner at a horse thing in Lexington, and said he was really friendly.  Somebody (grumbler?) said either me or my friend were lying because "everyone knows Shatner is a giant asshole".
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

merithyn

Everybody has a bad day, and having people constantly interrupt your day for a signature has got to get old. I'm sure on some days they handle it well, and others not so well.

When I met John Elway, this actually came up during the discussion. A bunch of us were sitting around talking football when this kid came up and very politely asked John for an autograph. He was incredibly nice and gave the kid the autograph, and then returned to the conversation. A few minutes later, another guy asked for one, which John, a little exasperated, signed. The next one - again interrupting the conversation - finally got a, "I'm sorry, but I'm trying to visit here." When asked about it, he said he didn't mind signing autographs, but he really hated it when people interrupted him or approached him while he was obviously in the middle of something for one.

After that, I didn't ask for an autograph.  :ph34r:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Faeelin

Wait, why did you even leave then?

Eddie Teach

We hurt his feelings.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?