Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Solmyr

Solmyr

The world in 1699. Shitty planning by Spain resulted in their near collapse, but fortunately Britannia rode to the rescue with her diplomatic skillz. :P

Kleves

What happened was this: France declares war on Austria. Austria is allied with Spain. Spain white peaces with France, so that France can concentrate on Austria. After a long and brutal war, the French leaders prevail (his best: 16, my best: 4) and Austria loses. Spain then declares war on France and is quickly crushed. Whoops.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Alcibiades

a 1v1 was very fair considering all the saber rattling you two had done.

England totally had an agreement between himself and France.  Which is how he managed to get the Bayou and wouldn't land troops to help me.   :shutup:

And I was just finally getting back on my feet after being crushed...... completely.  France's leaders were ridiculous, but their revolts were consistent. 

And yeah it was a random whim with no real planning done.   :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Solmyr

Landing my ossum 11k troops from England wouldn't have helped you whatsoever, they would have evaporated the second some French taunted them a second time. :P

As for agreement, damn right I got an agreement with France once it became clear you were going to bite the dust hard. :rolleyes:

Berkut

Another disaster of a session for Russia. They are pretty much doomed by terrible leaders and shit resources.

0 rows returned

DGuller

What's the cast of characters?  The one on the first page of this thread doesn't seem accurate.

sbr

Quote from: Berkut on April 11, 2010, 02:11:14 PM
Another disaster of a session for Russia. They are pretty much doomed by terrible leaders and shit resources.

And now you have to deal with the wrath of the Portuguese.   :menace:

Habbaku

Brutal, indeed.  The war started with a string of early French victories thanks to our Napoleonic generalship (6-6-6-1-2 general) who, unfortunately, died within a couple of years worth of fighting.  Nonetheless, the damage was dealt, but without Villeneuve leading the way, the less-stellar French lieutenants were left to fend for themselves.  After occupying Breisgau and Switzerland, the war devolved into a slugfest of maneuver and giant battles, usually resulting in French losses but with the Austrians taking substantially more casualties.

Over time, the massed casualties resulted in the Imperial armies simply running out of manpower.  Of course, by this time...the French pool was also tapped and essentially relying on whatever recruits could be drummed.  With one, final push of the combined armies of France, the banners of the Bourbon were quickly flying over Cologne with the Austrian army in full rout.  With the potential for a greater victory but with France wracked with unrest from the efforts of war...the French offered a complete peace with the Emperor in exchange for the redeemed lands of Wallonia.  Finally, the Walloon peoples are joined under the French flag!

And were swiftly put into the colors to go fight the Spanish menace.  Despite losing a substantial amount of regiments due to inferior generalship (lost ~30 due to the 0-morale-surrender thing), the veterans that had fought so hard against the Empire proved more than capable to the task of being stabbed in the back by the Spaniards.  A mere two years later and French armies were preparing to storm Madrid itself and would surely have taken the city but for timely British peace-talks.  Realizing her position was untenable outside of the continent, France quickly agreed to surrender the tobacco-rich lands in Louisiana and the Indian principality of Cuttack to the English in exchange for peace at last.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on April 11, 2010, 02:11:27 PM
What's the cast of characters?  The one on the first page of this thread doesn't seem accurate.

Berkut - Russia
Habbaku - France
Kleves - Austria
Tamas - Ottomans
Solmyr - England
Alcibiades - Spain
Katmai/SBR - Portugal
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

I'll let Habs post the analysis, if any.

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on April 11, 2010, 02:10:42 PM
Landing my ossum 11k troops from England wouldn't have helped you whatsoever, they would have evaporated the second some French taunted them a second time.

Yeah, you would've been destroyed if you had landed anywhere except Portugal.  I had an army ~25k strong (and growing) with a decent general roaming around mopping up my rebels at all times.  The moment the English descended upon France, they'd have been utterly smashed.

In other news, it's amusing to me that Spain didn't simply wait for the deal I made with him for the neutrality to go through before he declared war.  Now he gets nothing...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Berkut

How in the hell do you guys manage to increase your income by such insane amounts every session?

Now I hate Habs even more for refusing to sell me Taiwan.

0 rows returned