Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alcibiades

Quote from: katmai on January 17, 2010, 08:04:36 PM
Go AI Milan!

Yeah, AI Milan owned your ass.  They listened to my advice, whereas you wouldn't have.   :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 17, 2010, 09:50:39 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 17, 2010, 08:04:36 PM
Go AI Milan!

Yeah, AI Milan owned your ass.  They listened to my advice, whereas you wouldn't have.   :P

:huh:

I was planning trying to take some of south italy this session since I'd quelled the revolts in all the area the AI took the first session :P

Alcibiades

Yeah, but you wouldn't have taken all of it like the AI did.  :contract:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Habbaku

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 17, 2010, 10:12:51 PM

:lol: Without regard for Infamy and igniting a war with France?  Yeah, probably right.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on January 17, 2010, 11:07:58 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on January 17, 2010, 10:12:51 PM

:lol: Without regard for Infamy and igniting a war with France?  Yeah, probably right.

Oh my. how bad is it?

katmai

As i told Slargos I woke up late (about 50mins past agreed time) only to have internet out till after noon my time.

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on January 17, 2010, 11:09:12 PM
Oh my. how bad is it?

I don't recall what their infamy was, but I suspect it's rather high.  Nonetheless, Tamas was benevolent in his war with Milan and merely took the Savoian regions back rather than gobble up anything else (probably because the rest of us would've smashed him).  Milan has expanded quite rapidly, though, but will have to spend the next 10-odd years dealing with the odd rebellion before they can consider going further.

Also, Rome is guaranteed by both Spain and Austria in perpetuity.  So...either find something worth trading to sell out the Pope, get yourself some powerful allies that won't mind you taking it, or be prepared to fight off two super-powers (though I'll only know how super our powers are when Tamas sends me the file for statistical analysis).
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Roma is under our protection as well, no plans to take it...for now.

He did? the map that sol put up make it look the same except AI milan annexed the Swiss it seems.

katmai

French in North Africa already?
And I see i need to take Genoa still. Damn Ai.

Kleves

So is looking at the save file to get info that would not be available ingame ok?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

katmai

Habbaku

Quote from: Kleves on January 18, 2010, 12:12:48 AM
So is looking at the save file to get info that would not be available ingame ok?

Well, we should probably decide if it is or it isn't, but I don't really mind it, myself.  I like doing comparisons between the countries at the end of a session to get a real feel for things rather than just playing the guessing-game over finances, manpower, etc.

Nonetheless, Tamas is currently the only one with the save, I believe, so it's his call.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on January 18, 2010, 12:30:04 AM
Quote from: Kleves on January 18, 2010, 12:12:48 AM

Well, we should probably decide if it is or it isn't, but I don't really mind it, myself.  I like doing comparisons between the countries at the end of a session to get a real feel for things rather than just playing the guessing-game over finances, manpower, etc.

Nonetheless, Tamas is currently the only one with the save, I believe, so it's his call.

Grats to both you and Kleves on the Colonization.
:cheers:

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on January 17, 2010, 11:51:16 PM
French in North Africa already?
And I see i need to take Genoa still. Damn Ai.

Genoa is guaranteed and the powers-that-be-bigger-than-you have decided that Venice is yours.  Keep your mitts off of Genoa, capische?

The French aided Spain in taking some provinces in North Africa and were rewarded with a toe-hold of poor territory.

-J. R. R. Tolkien