News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Uh you want to start half hour earlier, but still end at 2pm your time habbu?

if so i guess i can try to be there at 6:30am, but not making any promises as dealing with flu so my sleep habits are all fooked up.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

ulmont

Why are you guys not doing a normal 4 hour block, 11-3 EST?

katmai

Quote from: ulmont on January 16, 2010, 10:01:57 PM

Because Habbu Sucks!

Some prior commitment nonsense :rolleyes:

Alcibiades

I thought he said he'd be able to this week?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 16, 2010, 10:35:48 PM
I thought he said he'd be able to this week?

Then why the fuck are we starting half hour earlier?

:P
Nah i think he said this week as well would be early stop for him, but he could set it up to be playing till 3pm  starting next week.

Alcibiades

You take naps Kat, you should be fine :D

katmai

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 16, 2010, 10:42:36 PM

Considering I didn't fall asleep till 6am this morning, i have no idea what shape i'll be in 12 hours :P

Alcibiades

Habbaku

Because everyone's idea of scheduling seems to be "play until we get tired of it," instead of actually nailing a time down.

If I thought we were going to set a time and play consistently, other than just "11 'til whatever" I'd free up the time consistently, but no one's even mentioned setting a better schedule yet.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Starting without Milan is fine by me.  :menace:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on January 16, 2010, 11:13:04 PM

Because everyone's idea of scheduling seems to be "play until we get tired of it," instead of actually nailing a time down.

If I thought we were going to set a time and play consistently, other than just "11 'til whatever" I'd free up the time consistently, but no one's even mentioned setting a better schedule yet.

Well we did the first week, ya know the one you weren't even there for?
No one was really taking charge till Slargos did, but It seemed to me we had set up a 7 till 11am or sooner if somebody had to go :P

Slargos

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 16, 2010, 10:42:36 PM

I believe his people call them siestas. Don't be so culturally insensitive! :bash:

Slargos

Speaking as the man in charge of this post-Katrina mess, I would like to know if there are any problems with playing the full 4 hours.

I'm speaking in generalities, as I don't want to single anyone out HABBAKU but the idea was indeed to play 4 hours on Sundays, longer if people are spontaneously up for it, but certainly not shorter unless absofuckinglutely necessary.

If we need to stop short of 4 hours, I would much rather formalize it. Makes planning activities around the game much more straight forward. I know you Americans have been infected with the unfortunate southern european laxadasical attitude towards time, but here in northern europe we expect both trains and games to run on time.  :hmm:

Solmyr

I don't think I can really go on for more than 4 hours. :P