News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, on the total I am much stronger than at the start of the last session, but all my human neighbors are the very least my equals.

katmai

Quote from: Tamas on January 12, 2010, 03:34:54 AM
Yeah. Don't get me wrong, on the total I am much stronger than at the start of the last session, but all my human neighbors are the very least my equals.

Always forgotten i see. :cry:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tamas

Quote from: katmai on January 12, 2010, 03:37:53 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 12, 2010, 03:34:54 AM

Always forgotten i see. :cry:

I did not forget about you! You have Italy, dude. Sure, not yet, but I think all of us others would rather see you get it then anyone other dude, so it is a done deal.

Slargos

So that's settled then.

Gaul Delenda Est.

Next on the order of business is Venice.

The Ottoman Empire magnanimously offers to compromise between Milan and Austria by annexing Venezia and allowing both parties equal access to trade there.

Tamas

Quote from: Slargos on January 12, 2010, 07:43:26 AM
So that's settled then.

Gaul Delenda Est.

The Ottoman Empire magnanimously offers to compromise between Milan and Austria by annexing Venezia and allowing both parties equal access to trade there.

Bad idea to let the Turk up there. Milan should have Venice.

Of course, we can't really allow a power to have all of Italy, the Venice CoT, and the Liguria CoT. So I will take up the task of maintaining the latter.

Slargos

Quote from: Tamas on January 12, 2010, 07:48:06 AM
Quote from: Slargos on January 12, 2010, 07:43:26 AM
So that's settled then.

Gaul Delenda Est.

Bad idea to let the Turk up there. Milan should have Venice.

Of course, we can't really allow a power to have all of Italy, the Venice CoT, and the Liguria CoT. So I will take up the task of maintaining the latter.

I am glad that you only disagree with one of my proclamations, and I will back down on Venezia.

Liguria falling into French hands is, however, unacceptable.

The Bosporus strait is currently closed for repairs, so unfortunately no western fleets will be able to pass it, but graciously the Ottoman Empire will take care of the Kaffa question for the paltry sum of highest bidder, to cover the expenses of conquest.

Bidding starts by PM now, and the winner will receive notice well before the start of next session.   -_-

Solmyr

It is interesting how you discuss the fate of Italy without consulting the Emperor's opinion, even though Italy is clearly a part of HRE.

As it happens, Venezia is considered to be within the Imperial sphere and any interference with that will lead to war. At the same time the Emperor fully recognizes Milan's rights to Liguria. I do believe France should be content with being allowed to annex its second trade center in Antwerpen while some still have none at all.

Habbaku

Being part of the Genoese Trade League, the Kingdom of Spain has a duty to protect our Genoan allies and will fight any who dare to threaten the trade-republic's home port (we care not for Kaffa or any overseas territory).  Milan is encouraged to follow its natural path to expansion in central and southern Italy, for the time being.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

Quote from: Slargos on January 12, 2010, 07:49:51 AM
The Bosporus strait is currently closed for repairs, so unfortunately no western fleets will be able to pass it, but graciously the Ottoman Empire will take care of the Kaffa question for the paltry sum of highest bidder, to cover the expenses of conquest.

Bidding starts by PM now, and the winner will receive notice well before the start of next session.   -_-

:glare:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Habbaku

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 12, 2010, 01:28:22 PM
Quote from: Slargos on January 12, 2010, 07:49:51 AM

:glare:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Slargos

Speaking of donations, I will also receive money NOT to take Kaffa. :contract:  :ph34r:

Slargos

The Sublime Porte has just had a divinely inspired epiphany and will from now on guarantee the right to Genoese self-determination and stewardship of Kaffa. Invaders beware, our words are backed with hordes of slave-soldiers.  :!:

katmai

Quote from: Slargos on January 13, 2010, 07:48:40 PM
The Sublime Porte has just had a divinely inspired epiphany and will from now on guarantee the right to Genoese self-determination and stewardship of Kaffa. Invaders beware, our words are backed with hordes of slave-soldiers.  :!:

Very troubling to hear, I must talk with the Emperor about this

Habbaku

Quote from: katmai on January 13, 2010, 07:53:26 PM

/waves hand

This isn't the trade republic you're looking for.  You want the Venetians.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on January 13, 2010, 08:03:29 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 13, 2010, 07:53:26 PM

/waves hand

This isn't the trade republic you're looking for.  You want the Venetians.

Hmm troubling to see Spanish consorting with the Turk. :(