News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

I know I am not even a part of the game but speed 4 without being able to pause is silly.

Tamas

katmai

I don't mind going back  to sleeping in on Sunday mornings :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on January 12, 2010, 02:40:18 AM
I am playing with old pipple  <_<

Speed 3 is just fine, Tamas.  Speed 4 is a bit quick if you have a lot to worry about, so I can understand the reticence.  Besides, you'll be clamoring for speed 3 with the rest of them when exploration starts up in earnest.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Well by the time of our next session I will be over 30 so I can join the council of elders and their ways of speed 3

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Habbaku

If you want to do a speed 4 campaign, I'm fine trying to schedule a smaller, like-minded group of players on top of this one.  A 4-person group would be pretty neat.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

In all seriousness though, speed 3 is adequate.  Unless we go through a period where nobody is doing anything, I don't see us being able to be at speed 4 for quite some time.

Tamas

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 12, 2010, 02:47:11 AM
In all seriousness though, speed 3 is adequate.  Unless we go through a period where nobody is doing anything, I don't see us being able to be at speed 4 for quite some time.

:yes:

jimmy olsen

Told ya, you should have gimped France when you had the chance, now they're on the verge of getting all blobby.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Tamas

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 12, 2010, 03:10:09 AM
Told ya, you should have gimped France when you had the chance, now they're on the verge of getting all blobby.

:lol:

Habbaku

Yeah, I'm with Tamas on that one.  France has ~14% inflation (the rest of the board is at ~2-5% and falling), has less manpower than Austria (which is less than a combined Castille/England and Castille hasn't even gotten the useful provinces out of Aragon yet), comparable income to England and Castille and quite a bit of Infamy packed away.

Yeah...

-J. R. R. Tolkien