News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Universalis - Game thread

Started by Slargos, January 03, 2010, 07:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Given that we in ordinary Languish style have no clear direction, with a multitude of irreverent and generally lazy chiefs but no indians, I'm gonna go ahead and attempt to forge some unit cohesion.

Starting Time: Sundays, 1600 GMT, 1100 EST, 1700 CET

Hosting

FunkMonk and/or Tamas will attempt hosting.

- A console opens at loading, it is vital that no one attempts typing anything in it since it seems to cause various OOS issues.
- No one may pick a nation until everyone is completely loaded, as it seems to be causing issues aswell. The general rule is that the host selects first and everyone else selects afterwards.
- When the game is started/unpaused, it must be run at slowest speed for a few minutes in order for everyone to catch up to avoid OOS issues.
- (Not rightly sure about this one, but the guys over at EUMP think it should be mandatory) The map cache folder should be cleared before every session (IE once before start, not at every restart) which supposedly also helps keep OOS to a minimum.
- When rehosting, the game should be quit completely (ALT-F4) and restarted in order to get the same checksum for everyone. Again, OOS.
- Fleets MUST be kept under 150 units. OOS + lag seems to be the effect of too large fleets. Keeping several fleets in the same seazone doesn't appear to be a problem, it's just an issue of too many ships in one fleet.

Game rules

Not sure what we need here, as I assume everyone is a mature adult and can be trusted not to behave like a fucking douche. (Yeah.  :lmfao: )

- Solmyr raised the issue of spymission Fund Patriots which is a major exploit with the current version. Should thus not be used actively. Though this is clearly one of the instances where we simply have to trust everyone not to use it as I don't think it's going to be very practical to attempt detecting it.

to be continued...

Slargos

Clearing the Map Cache

1. Delete EU3/map/cache folder.
2. Start EU3 and let it generate a new cache. (This can take anywhere up to 20-30 minutes depending on your computer so don't plan on doing it 5 minutes before session start.)
3. Exit the game and restart it.

Note that anyone who plays the game between sessions using some kind of mod should as a precautionary method do this every time before the session, but for the rest of us it should be enough to do it once.

Checksum should be EISH after restart.

Hamachi

https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi2/
Networkid
: languish-mp
Password: eu3

Slargos

Current Roster

Kleves - England
Tamas - France
Habbaku - Castile
Slargos - Ottomans
Alcibiades - Muscovy or Novgorod (his choice)
FunkMonk - Portugal
Solmyr - Austria
Migs - Poland

AAR thread?

Session Summaries?

Solmyr

Quick recap of players:

Kleves - England
Tamas - France
Habbaku - Castile
Slargos - Ottomans
Alcibiades - Muscovy or Novgorod (his choice)
FunkMonk - Portugal
Solmyr - Austria
Pat - Poland

jimmy olsen

How do you clear the map cache? HMB told me it was probably the cause of my inability to colonize despite the formation of the HRE granting me cores.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Solmyr

Slargos

It may not be necessary to do it every time, but everyone should definitely do it once after install.

Anyone playing the game between sessions using any mods should also do it pre-session every time.

ulmont

FYI...after you clear your map cache, you have to start EU3, let it regenerate the map cache, then exit and restart to get the correct checksum.

Slargos

Solmyr

Quote from: Slargos on January 03, 2010, 07:14:44 AM
2. Start EU3 and let it generate a new cache. (This can take anywhere up to 20-30 minutes depending on your computer so don't plan on doing it 5 minutes before session start.)

My 2 years old PC did it in about 20 seconds. :huh:

Anyway, my checksum is now: EISH

Slargos

Quote from: Solmyr on January 03, 2010, 09:06:52 AM
Quote from: Slargos on January 03, 2010, 07:14:44 AM

My 2 years old PC did it in about 20 seconds. :huh:

Anyway, my checksum is now: EISH

That's really weird.

I remember doing it a few months ago, I think it was, and I had to sit for upwards of 30 minutes waiting for the recalibrations.

Maybe it was a fluke.

Slargos

At any rate, I have prepared my router so I should be able to host if push comes to shove.

Here's hoping for a relatively smooth start.  :sleep:

Tamas

I am here. For the record, yesterday I managed to try and plug the power cord of the router into the reset button which of course reset my router settings to default, so whatever port forwardings I might had for EU3 are now gone. I do have Hamachi already installed in case the host will have problems.

I am Dansky on Steam.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Solmyr on January 03, 2010, 08:09:55 AM
Delete EU3\map\cache folder.
Delete the entire folder or just the contents of the folder?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Solmyr

Doesn't matter, it'll get recreated I think.