News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New year's resolutions - what are yours?

Started by Brazen, December 31, 2009, 09:03:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on December 31, 2009, 05:17:58 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 31, 2009, 04:54:49 PM
Quote from: Malthus on December 31, 2009, 12:59:10 PM
Lose 10 pounds.
Have you considered waxing? :P

What I want is waning, not waxing.  :D

[Let's see who gets it]

Full moon tonight.  you'll get waning soon enough.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Get As in all my electrical engineering classes
Gey my wife pregnant

That should do it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Kleves

Get into a good law school.
Get back in shape.
Stop buying stuff from China if i can help it.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Razgovory

Quote from: katmai on December 31, 2009, 04:59:12 PM
I got your joke Razzle, but since you have been mean to me, I didn't say anything :weep:

I've been mean to you?  I don't recall being mean.  Sometimes my cruelty oozes over onto other people though.  That's a general theme with me though.  Oozing that is.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

I don't make New Year's resolutions, for two reasons:

a) The New Year is just an arbitrary date so I think celebrating it is kinda dumb in general

b) I'm already perfect in every way.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Monoriu

I want to have $[censored] by the end of the year.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on December 31, 2009, 10:12:38 PM
b) I'm already perfect in every way.
You can't wait to look in the mirror,
You get better lookin' each day.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Barrister on December 31, 2009, 03:10:18 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 31, 2009, 03:09:14 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on December 31, 2009, 11:42:30 AM
I'm going to go with the 1600 by 900 see how that works out.  Really though, this is a strange tradition and seems kinda pointless.  I don't think I'll be able to see stuff when it gets that small.

I thought this was funny.  Nobody else has.  Everyone I tell it to just looks at me I'm crazy.  I get that alot actually. :(

I chuckled.   :)

Me too. :chuckle:
:p

BuddhaRhubarb

I generally don't make resolutions except in jest, as I am resolving and re-resolving all year anyway. It's just how I roll. Slowly.

my vague ideas about changing my life slightly this year include

1. keeping up the healthier lifestyle that I've had the last couple of years. (been slipping a lot recently)
2. Finding some mythical other source of income that is slightly higher than my current one.
3. Not get arrested during the Olympics (my most concrete resolution)
4. Avoid all Olympic nonsense except the Hockey games.
5. Get out more, go to a few of the zillion events I get invited to.
6. Finish a first draft of my novel. (mock away)
7. other vague self improvements.

barkdreg

BuddhaRhubarb

Monoriu

I know my new year resolution is bogus.  No matter how disciplined I am in saving money, the stock market can take the portfolio anywhere.  My powers are insignificant when compared to the power of The Force. 

CountDeMoney