News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shatner too fat for Star Trek

Started by DontSayBanana, April 01, 2009, 08:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: vinraith on April 02, 2009, 09:43:23 PM
Star Trek: Muppet Babies is a good name for it, although it has a distressing lack of pigs in space.

It does have Will Shatner in a Starfleet Uniform. That's about as close as you're gonna get. :contract:
Experience bij!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DontSayBanana on April 02, 2009, 09:47:47 PM
Star Trek: Muppet Babies is a good name for it, although it has a distressing lack of pigs in space.

It does have Will Shatner in a Starfleet Uniform. That's about as close as you're gonna get. :contract:
But they're digitally thinning him so it doesn't really count.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DontSayBanana

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 02, 2009, 09:50:22 PM
But they're digitally thinning him so it doesn't really count.
Probably just enough to make the uniform work. Where changing character appearance is concerned, even digital FX has limits.
Experience bij!

vinraith

:lol: Digitally thinned pigs in space. It just doesn't have the same ring, you know?

Admiral Yi

Where are you guys getting all these relative graduation dates from?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 02, 2009, 11:35:00 PM
Where are you guys getting all these relative graduation dates from?

Mostly in-universe anecdotes. TOS especially had a good number of potshot lines along the lines of "I was doing {insert crew position here} while your grandfather was still in diapers."
PS - I've finally got a bitch about the way this forum parses BBcode.
Experience bij!

Martinus

Martinus

Was gonna say the same. :D