News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

R.I.P. Nick Rizzuto

Started by viper37, December 28, 2009, 04:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Nick Rizzuto gunned down in Montreal

The son of Canada's most powerful mobster has apparently been gunned down.
There are reports that Nick Rizzuto — son of Vito Rizzuto, the so-called head of Canada's Mafia — has been killed.
The shooting occurred in broad daylight in view of several terrified witnesses.
They describe a gangland-style killing in one of the grittier parts of the city's NDG district.
A 42-year-old man was standing near a black Mercedes sedan when at least one gunman approached and fired several shots.
The street was bustling with lunch-hour traffic.
Witnesses say the man crumpled into the fresh snow, and that police soon arrived to pick him up and take him to hospital.
He was pronounced dead and became the city's 31st homicide victim this year
Police are not confirming rumours the killing involves a member of the Rizzuto family.
But Radio-Canada — the French-language CBC — says the victim is Vito Rizzuto's son, Nick.
Vito Rizzuto is in a medium-security prison in Colorado, serving a 10-year sentence for racketeering, relating to three underworld murders in Brooklyn in 1981.

For a couple of months now, a lot of Italian Cafes in Montreal have been firebombed.  Minimal damages, usually, but still, fire damage, kinda like a warning of some sort.
I wonder if this is related...  I doubt the street gangs would have the guts to pull something like this.  Sounds more like an internal job.

Nick's father Vito, is the one who presumably killed 3 mafia boss (capo, actually, I think) from the Bonnano family in New York in 1981.
QuoteVito's true mafia baptism occurred in 1981 when a factional tug-of-war       within the Bonnano family in New York led to the decision to murder three       dissident captains. A request went out to Montreal for hit men, and Vito       was dispatched as a shooter. On the night of May 5, 1981, the three mob       captains showed up at a hangout in Brooklyn, where gunmen immediately jumped       out of a closet and opened fire. The first person charging from the closet       was Vito Rizzuto.

So, Vito is in jail and his son is now dead. Power vacuum.  Gang war profiling.  Retaliation to come, or more purge.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Great. Now we get more Gangs to fill the void. Mom Boucher, how we miss thee.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Probably unrelated to any gang activity.  Likely just a mugging gone wrong.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Yeah, mobsters get robbed quit often.

:lol:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 28, 2009, 04:43:27 PM
Yeah, mobsters get robbed quit often.

:lol:

What a world we live in where innocent mob leaders get robbed and gunned down in broad daylight. :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Neil

This just goes to show how racist Quebec society is.  The fact that white people are still important in crime demonstrates that Quebec society just isn't inclusive to criminal minorities like Asians or Africans.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josephus

Another guy I never heard of kicked the bucket. This is becoming routine now.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Drakken

Quote from: Josephus on December 28, 2009, 08:30:09 PM
Another guy I never heard of kicked the bucket. This is becoming routine now.

The American Cosa Nostra has become very boring since John Gotti died.  :(