PSA: Great price on a great LCD monitor

Started by grumbler, December 26, 2009, 09:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

I have this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824113019&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL122609&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL122609-_-MonitorsLCDFlatPanel-_-L0D-_-24113019 monitor and love it.  This is the first time since I got mine that I have seen it this low in price.  I'd recommend that anyone who was looking to buy soon buy this.

Only drawback:  you cannot use it where strong light will strike it and come back at you.  It makes a fairly decent mirror.  It is, btw, 2ms response time, not the 5ms listed.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Alcibiades

I was looking at getting a 28", would this gateway be good for gaming?  Only considering it because of the price...
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Barrister

I've been looking to get a 27" monitor, but still haven't spotted any smoking deals on one.

I have a 19" 4:3, so I don't think moving up to a 21" 16:9 would actually make any noticeable difference, and even 24" would be somewhat marginal.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Beeb i went from 19" 16:9 to 24" 16:9 and big difference there.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: Alcibiades on December 26, 2009, 05:57:26 PM
I was looking at getting a 28", would this gateway be good for gaming?  Only considering it because of the price...
I use it for gaming, and it works great.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on December 26, 2009, 06:48:35 PM
I've been looking to get a 27" monitor, but still haven't spotted any smoking deals on one.

I have a 19" 4:3, so I don't think moving up to a 21" 16:9 would actually make any noticeable difference, and even 24" would be somewhat marginal.
I went from a 21" 4:3 to a 24" 16:10 and the difference was phenomenal.

Bayraktar!