News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

RIP, George Michael

Started by Ed Anger, December 24, 2009, 11:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

:cry:

QuoteDCRTV.com is reporting that legendary sportscaster George Michael, who was well-known nationally for his syndicated program "The George Michael Sports Machine," and beloved in D.C. for his work with NBC4/WRC, has passed away at the age of 70. Michael had been battling cancer for two years. A Channel 4 reporter confirmed the news to the Washington Post this morning.

The last time we saw Michael regularly anchoring sports on D.C.'s airwaves was in March 2007, when he took his curtain call from NBC4, turning down a "beyond-my-wildest-dreams offer" in order save half of the station's sports staff from the chopping block. The "Sports Machine" was a true pioneer in the world of sports broadcasting -- with an dynamic edge and a personality all its own, it was certainly an influence on the institution that is ESPN's Sportscenter, among countless other programs.

You thought this was about the Wham! guy? Fuck that shit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Josephus

You got me there.

Fuck, another guy I never heard of dies...this week has been full of them.

So long George, I hardly knew ya.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Savonarola

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 24, 2009, 11:20:43 AM

You thought this was about the Wham! guy?

Yes, quit crushing my hopes.   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

sbr

:lmfao:

Too bad about George though. :(  RIP

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

BuddhaRhubarb

:rolleyes: I thought Michael Cera had OD'd at The Viper Room or something
:p

Caliga

I like this new Languish meme.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 24, 2009, 11:20:43 AM
You thought this was about the Wham! guy? Fuck that shit.

Nope, saw it was you that posted and knew immediately who it must be.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on December 24, 2009, 12:43:28 PM
:rolleyes:

George Michael's Sports Machine was great.

What is funny was Marty's immediate hyperventilation.

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 24, 2009, 02:02:43 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 24, 2009, 12:43:28 PM
:rolleyes:

George Michael's Sports Machine was great.

What is funny is, Marty's immediate hyperventilation.

My first thought was the Sports Machine, I had forgotten about the other one, thanks for reminding me.  :mad:

Ed Anger

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017