And we're back!

Main Menu

Alabama Democrat defecting to the GOP

Started by KRonn, December 23, 2009, 09:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Fate on December 24, 2009, 01:36:20 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 24, 2009, 01:29:15 AM
Presumably the one that votes with Pelosi 85% of the time, good luck getting through a Republican primary with that hanging around your neck.

You do understand that the 85% number basically means procedural votes. :mellow:

On every prominent piece of legislation that I can think of (abortion, the budget, the stimulus, health care, the war, homosexuals) he was a functional Republican.
On those last two he agreed with Obama.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Fate

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 24, 2009, 01:41:07 AM
Presumably the one that votes with Pelosi 85% of the time, good luck getting through a Republican primary with that hanging around your neck.

You do understand that the 85% number basically means procedural votes. :mellow:

On every prominent piece of legislation that I can think of (abortion, the budget, the stimulus, health care, the war, homosexuals) he was a functional Republican.

He voted against the defense appropriations bill. He voted against the Mathew Shepard act.  :huh:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Fate on December 24, 2009, 01:45:24 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 24, 2009, 01:41:07 AM

He voted against the defense appropriations bill. He voted against the Mathew Shepard act.  :huh:

Ah, I stand corrected. I thought you were judging him by the standard progressive narrative where by backing the escalation in Afghanistan is bad. As for the MS act, pfft, that's just cover to help Obama pretend he didn't throw that constituency under the bus.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Fate

An excerpt from Griffith's 2006 interview with Speakin' Out News, an African American publication in Huntsville, Alabama.

QUESTION: What kind of Democrat are you?

GRIFFITH: A life long one, a Democrat for the little man, for small businesses, for small children, for families, for seniors. I am a Democrat that believes in an excellent education and health care for all of the citizens. This can only result in a strong, vibrant, and prosperous city.

He didn't leave the party, the party left him (between 2006 and December 2009). :lmfao:

Hopefully this newly minted Republican is going to be teabagged to political death.

KRonn

Quote from: Fate on December 24, 2009, 09:39:25 AM
An excerpt from Griffith's 2006 interview with Speakin' Out News, an African American publication in Huntsville, Alabama.

GRIFFITH: A life long one, a Democrat for the little man, for small businesses, for small children, for families, for seniors. I am a Democrat that believes in an excellent education and health care for all of the citizens. This can only result in a strong, vibrant, and prosperous city.

He didn't leave the party, the party left him (between 2006 and December 2009). :lmfao:

Hopefully this newly minted Republican is going to be teabagged to political death.
YOUR   ;)    Demotard party took a hard left turn, especially after Obama was elected! So he could argue, probably is, that it did indeed leave him.

And the pundits said the Republitard party was dead, just a year ago. Now the Demotard party is snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, just by showing its true colors. Oh the Humanity!!! Queue the Zeppelin.... 

DGuller

I kind of wish that all Democrats who vote with Republicans on all the key issues just go ahead and switch now.  What's the point of being in the party when you're constantly voting against it?  The only thing they're doing is contributing to the perception that liberals are in solid control, when in fact they're not (especially not in the Senate).

DGuller

Quote from: KRonn on December 24, 2009, 10:02:00 AM
YOUR   ;)    Demotard party took a hard left turn, especially after Obama was elected! So he could argue, probably is, that it did indeed leave him.

And the pundits said the Republitard party was dead, just a year ago. Now the Demotard party is snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, just by showing its true colors. Oh the Humanity!!! Queue the Zeppelin....
Yes, *gasp*, Democrats want to push a liberal agenda.  How dare they?  Don't those morons realize that doing what you were elected to do is bad for your re-election chances?

Sheilbh

What hard left policies have the Democrats had that weren't on their platform when this guy was elected, one year ago?  What hard left policies worry you?  What do you think of as hard left?

I would have thought that if they'd taken a hard left turn the left would be happier and moaning less about being sold out :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Fate

So he could argue, probably is, that it did indeed leave him.

. . . . . .

In the interview he wants HEALTH CARE FOR ALL. Sounds like he's quite a conserv.. err opportunist.

KRonn

Quote from: DGuller on December 24, 2009, 10:15:39 AM
I kind of wish that all Democrats who vote with Republicans on all the key issues just go ahead and switch now.  What's the point of being in the party when you're constantly voting against it?  The only thing they're doing is contributing to the perception that liberals are in solid control, when in fact they're not (especially not in the Senate).
Yeah, really. Let the rational ones change parties now, rather than suffer while remaining in place with government ideas they don't agree with. Spector did that, went Demotard, since he was already pretty in line with that anyway, or he felt his chances of getting elected were better.

KRonn

Quote from: Fate on December 24, 2009, 11:58:13 AM

So he could argue, probably is, that it did indeed leave him.

. . . . . .

In the interview he wants HEALTH CARE FOR ALL. Sounds like he's quite a conserv.. err opportunist.
Stop drinking all that Demotard Kool aid!

Most seem to want health care for all. Big issue is how that all gets done properly and efficiently and in a way to try and cut over all costs.

KRonn

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 24, 2009, 10:30:10 AM
What hard left policies have the Democrats had that weren't on their platform when this guy was elected, one year ago?  What hard left policies worry you?  What do you think of as hard left?

I would have thought that if they'd taken a hard left turn the left would be happier and moaning less about being sold out :mellow:
Yeah, Obama is in trouble for not being left enough for his base! And that's supposed to make me feel good? It does, but only to a point since his base is so left. He's in trouble for actually wanting to try for success in Afghanistan, sheesh.

Pushing at first for single payer health care, Union Card check (removing secret ballots. So heavily in bed with Unions, SEIU and Andy Stern a frequent visitor to the White House. Managed to try and trash the Chamber of Commerce for daring to disagree (Remember Dems used to say that dissent was the highest form of Patriotism), leaving them and other small business orgs out of job summit talks.  But Stern and other toadies were there.  Spendulus bill gave so much to government spending but about zilch for small business, which actually employ the vast majority of workers. ACORN, a wholly owned subsidary of the Democrat party, though that's a long term issue, not new. Under indictment in many states, some of its own managers under fire for daring to whistle blow, or try to.  Obama admin has had some rare characters, some avowed communists, as Czars or other leadership positions.

I keep saying the both parties are issues, so I'm not about to say the Dems are the main or only problem. We have problems with the way our Congress does its business, and more and more Americans are a lot more in tune with how things happen, and not very happy about it.

Fate

Quote from: KRonn on December 24, 2009, 12:39:02 PM
Most seem to want health care for all.

The Republicans do not want health care for all.

And cost containment = instantly demagogued by the right as death panels.

DGuller

Quote from: KRonn on December 24, 2009, 12:19:37 PM
Quote from: DGuller on December 24, 2009, 10:15:39 AM
Yeah, really. Let the rational ones change parties now, rather than suffer while remaining in place with government ideas they don't agree with. Spector did that, went Demotard, since he was already pretty in line with that anyway, or he felt his chances of getting elected were better.
Oh, please.  Being in disagreement with your own party doesn't make you a rational one.  This is what I found so annoying about "moderates": they seem to base their entire world view, and certainly the way they view themselves, on the fallacy of middle ground.

I can certainly see the appeal in adopting this world view; after all, there is no need to think critically.  All one needs to do is to bellyache about the extremists on both sides, and wish pox on both houses.  There is no need to evaluate the merits of the arguments, just pick a point in the middle and marvel at your exceptional rationality.

MadImmortalMan

There are methods of controlling costs other than rationing/triage or whatever.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers