And we're back!

Main Menu

Top PC game of all time?

Started by Galrion, December 23, 2009, 08:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josephus

I must have been stoned in 1994, cause I don't even remember that game! The rest of them I remember fondly, except for the Sims stuff that I never played.

I played Diablo probably every day for six months.

I'm surprised that none of the games in the "Age of Empires" made it.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DGuller

I really loved Jagged Alliance games, and XCOM was billed as a better and more popular game of that genre.  I pirated it to see what all the buzz was about, and was dumbfounded.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

I've played nearly every game on there, and I did really like X-COM, but I dunno about "greatest game of all time". :huh:

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Half life is definitely my number 1.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

Disagree a lot with the list, but that's me.  I only played probably half of the games listed though.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 23, 2009, 09:16:28 PM
You're too young to remember what good games were like.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote5) Battlefield 1942

Fuck yeah.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on December 23, 2009, 09:41:02 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 23, 2009, 09:16:28 PM
You're too young to remember what good games were like.

LucasArt's Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe or MicroProse's M1 Tank Platoon FTW.

HisMajestyBOB

Haven't played a lot of them, or I've just played them a little bit.
On my personal list, I'd substitute Angband for Diablo (they're basically the same I believe, except Diablo has graphics), the Marathon trilogy for Quake/Doom/etc.

C&C, SimCity, Mechwarrior 2... the list brings back some good memories.

I'll have to actually give X-Com a spin. I have it but haven't tried playing it yet.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Fate

Starcraft ranked lower than vanilla C&C? Are you kidding me?

Barrister

Only 2 games from earlier than 1990? :yeahright:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jaron

PC games were pretty crappy that early on. I hardly think a game like Space Invaders deserves to be on the best games ever list.
Winner of THE grumbler point.