Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Go ahead and get 4 A or B rated loans.  You'll get less yield, but I haven't had any As or Bs Greece out on me yet.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2016, 10:47:20 PM
Go ahead and get 4 A or B rated loans.  You'll get less yield, but I haven't had any As or Bs Greece out on me yet.

I was planning on taking mostly those combined with a few nutso ones from time to time. Diversify and all that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Dude, $100 gets you four loans.  You can't diversify with four loans.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2016, 10:54:07 PM
Dude, $100 gets you four loans.  You can't diversify with four loans.

I think you failed to see the rules of the game. $100 gets added every month.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Thinking about buying some AMLP with my AT&T selloff.

Alerian Master Limited Partnership Exchange Traded Fund.  Get some of those nice MLP dividends without the tax headaches. Yielding 8.78% right now.

BTW Mono, you never thanked me for pimping you AT&T.  <_<

Hamilcar

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on July 21, 2016, 11:29:47 PM
Do it.

:hug:

I am glad one of you thinks this might be a fun idea :lol:

Anyway probably more entertaining to AAR about then testing investment algorithms.

I am going to be out of town soon but once I get back I will do my first episode of 'Valmy vs Lendingclub' around the 5th of August or so.

Admiral Yi

Pulled the trigger on AMLP. :pipelinetycoon:

Got crushed on Sketchers earnings report. :bleeding:

Admiral Yi

Square is back up above 10 in the run up to the earnings report.

Phillip V

Sprint (S) up almost 30% after surprise earnings show the carrier might actually be recovering.

I sold off some shares and remain cautious.  They are highly dependent on financial engineering to maintain their massive debt load and deep discounting to barely add postpaid customers.

The Minsky Moment

Anyone looking for first rate money management at a very reasonable price should check out the firm of Morgan, Kleinworth, Lehman & Coutts:  http://www.vice.com/read/rattraders-0000519-v21n12   They may not look like your typical Wall Street money manager but you can't argue with results.  And they have a built in advantage in the wall street rat race.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Brazen

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 02, 2016, 12:12:19 PM
Anyone looking for first rate money management at a very reasonable price should check out the firm of Morgan, Kleinworth, Lehman & Coutts:  http://www.vice.com/read/rattraders-0000519-v21n12   They may not look like your typical Wall Street money manager but you can't argue with results.  And they have a built in advantage in the wall street rat race.
:D
But could we get the same result is we just gave traders an electric shock every time they get it wrong?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Brazen on August 03, 2016, 09:37:19 AM
But could we get the same result is we just gave traders an electric shock every time they get it wrong?

Yes but you can't house them in cages and feed them moldy cheese.  Damn human rights conventions.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson