Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

My regular stocks have been hit or miss for the most part lately (mostly miss  :( ), but just about all of my REITS have been blazing.

Admiral Yi

Ugh, bad couple days.  My new stocks have given up all their gains.  :(

Alcibiades

My one REIT that I have left is going pretty strong. I'm out of all other positions wholly right now, though. Just have a feeling things aren't that rosy and will continue to fall.

Bkcc dropped about 1.50 a share in the last couple of weeks. Pretty tempted despite my above feelings. Initially got in at 8.50 and sold at 9.30 around 2 Jan. Sitting around 8.00 right now.   :hmm:

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Phillip V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 06, 2016, 11:32:01 AM
Ugh, bad couple days.  My new stocks have given up all their gains.  :(

Recent declines are slightly disappointing, but the rally before that was not really justified either.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Phillip V on May 07, 2016, 12:10:35 AM
Recent declines are slightly disappointing, but the rally before that was not really justified either.

Hey did you cash in any of your Splunk winnings?

I feel like fucking Dr. Doom right now for taking some Square chips off the table near the peak.

Phillip V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 07, 2016, 01:09:48 AM

I feel like fucking Dr. Doom right now for taking some Square chips off the table near the peak.

Nope. :D

My cost basis is $33 from a February purchase.
Yesterday it ended at $46
Two weeks ago it was $53

Hold.  I am waiting for another cycle of hype (acquisition, blow-out quarter, etc).  Their billing model is how much data an organization ingests each year.  Their customers are locked in and can't stop!  Still don't see any major competitor.

Admiral Yi

Warren has sold off his entire AT&T position.

Tesla is selling $2 billion in existing stock to the public to finance production of their new sedan.

Monoriu

I won't buy Tesla stocks.  I don't think the guy's primary goal is profits.  He is already rich enough.  He just wants to disrupt the electronics car market and make the car giants to roll out their electronics cars. 

MadImmortalMan

The Simpsons episode about Elon was pretty funny, and makes a similar point to Mono's. Musk did his own voice. I watched it in Spanish in Chile. Los Simpson:P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Phillip V

Quote from: Phillip V on May 07, 2016, 11:51:26 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 07, 2016, 01:09:48 AM

Nope. :D

My cost basis is $33 from a February purchase.
Yesterday it ended at $46
Two weeks ago it was $53

Hold.  I am waiting for another cycle of hype (acquisition, blow-out quarter, etc).  Their billing model is how much data an organization ingests each year.  Their customers are locked in and can't stop!  Still don't see any major competitor.

Just sold off my entire Splunk position @ $59, a 78% gain.  Markets reaching a 2016 high while Splunk reaching for the $60 psychological point scared me.

Also reduced a small portion of my stagnant Sprint holdings at a break even price.

Altogether got a good amount of cash now waiting to deploy during worse times.