Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

I have to say I really didn't expect today to be so up, but it was pretty clear early on it would be like this all day. I like when I get those clarity days. I've been so hedged my account has been net short for a while. When I got up this morning I was twelve hundred bucks in the hole. So I took on a small pile of weekly options expiring today and made up the difference with a day trade, even closed with a couple hundred dollar gain. Still hanging on to everything I had before.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

Traders will find their correlations anywhere they can.

DGuller

Did Greenspan dive into the dirty laundry basket for these pants?

MadImmortalMan

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

FunkMonk

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 11, 2014, 11:57:25 AM
Traders will find their correlations anywhere they can.

Next year's new smash hit, Dismal Science, only on FOX.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Phillip V

mREITs slowly recovering. Hopefully interest rates stay stable. AGNC was balsy enough to even buy $400 million of its fellow mREIT stocks in December and January. I will sell when share price gets closer to book value ($24).

SeaDrill recently downgraded and sporting a fat dividend of 10%+. Since I am bearish on the global economy and oil (short-term), I need another big drop (maybe near $33 or $30?) before I get into it.

Sprint has been very volatile the past few months. I will buy more shares if it drops down to mid or low $7.

stjaba

Is the correction over? I was kicking myself for buying SPY at 182.96 when it dropped down to 174 and I kept reading doom and gloom articles everywhere. Now it's already back up to 184. 

Admiral Yi

My hunch is we're going to see more downward pressure as QE continues to taper off.

If we see any actual inflation, then brace for impact.

Alcibiades

Ended up holding off on BKCC, its up 30 cents in the past week so that's... ok.  Picked up Intel again at 24, my safe option, and its up 75 cents this week.  Still holding a sizeable amount to snatch up anything if it presents itself, still may pull the trigger on BKCC if that downward pressure resumes, dat yield rate.  :mmm:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

MadImmortalMan

No such thing as a bad profit, Jaya. Don't make trading decisions based on taxes.  :)

MadImmortalMan

Joey Ramone became obsessed with Maria Bartiromo before he died. I never saw it. Sara Eisen's little sideways smile is a bit endearing though.

Ed Anger

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 21, 2014, 01:53:19 PM
Joey Ramone became obsessed with Maria Bartiromo before he died. I never saw it. Sara Eisen's little sideways smile is a bit endearing though.

I'm writing a Jim Cramer song. I need a soundboard.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive