Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 19, 2012, 12:49:23 PM
I'll pass.  :)

Yeah, I get the impression it'll be downhill all the way till what, a rally around $10, then again at $5 and a sustained effort by investors to optimistically keep it at around $1 in the long run.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: mongers on May 19, 2012, 01:39:52 PM
Yeah, I get the impression it'll be downhill all the way till what, a rally around $10, then again at $5 and a sustained effort by investors to optimistically keep it at around $1 in the long run.

I sincerely doubt it.

CountDeMoney

Facefuck trading at 37 in pre-open market this AM.

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Holy fuck, Facebook slaughterhouse this morning. -4.50.

Ed Anger

PJL

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 21, 2012, 08:54:13 AM
-5 or so @ ~33.  :lol:

Bugger, should have tried to short it over the weekend. Oh well, not sure if it will go much lower for the time being.

Actually, tried to short it earlier, but still can't do that. I'm sure once it goes below $20, they'll allow it then.... :rolleyes:

MadImmortalMan

~20 min before the close, bear call credit spreads on both SPY and QQQ. PJL, if you do want to, you can short the Nasdaq with QQQ.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PJL

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 21, 2012, 02:45:11 PM
~20 min before the close, bear call credit spreads on both SPY and QQQ. PJL, if you do want to, you can short the Nasdaq with QQQ.

I can short the Nasdaq on Tradefair, but I don't really want to, it's too unpredictable. It's just Facebook they're not letting me short.

Admiral Yi

I was surprised to learn in an article about FB that Google's PE is only 18 right now.

CountDeMoney

Trading this AM at $34.03, apparently.

FB has lost $11B, Zuckerberg alone is worth $2B less today.

PJL

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2012, 07:05:44 AM
Trading this AM at $34.03, apparently.

FB has lost $11B, Zuckerberg alone is worth $2B less today.

Well, was he ever woth that extra $2G in the first place

MadImmortalMan

So what do you guys think about going long the euro? FXE is around 1.25 now, and there has to be a bump when Greece bails.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

alfred russel

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 23, 2012, 12:42:14 PM
So what do you guys think about going long the euro? FXE is around 1.25 now, and there has to be a bump when Greece bails.

I'm not a currency trader (or any kind of trader). But why do you think that? The euro opened against the dollar at something like 1.17, and I think it was under 0.90 for a while. The eurozone isn't some super cheap region with an obviously undervalued curency.

The ECB also has been less interventionist than the fed--if things hit the wall they could reduce interest rates and accept inflation, which would be bearish for the euro.

It is also very possible a Greek exit is going to be obscenely messy. I realize you are talking about speculating on the currency and wouldn't be subject to that, but if people look at a Greek mess and think, "I don't want to go through that" subsequently avoding Spain, Italy, Portugal, Belgium, and Ireland, that is going to put downward pressure on the euro as well.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014