Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

Recent investments:

StatOil ADR (STO) @ $25.76 (currently @$26.98)
Kellogg's (K) @$51.02 (currently @$53.31)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Richard Hakluyt

Damn it Ed, where is the screaming face shouting FFFFUUUUCCCCKKKK that you normally post when the markets are tanking?

I find that it cheers me up in dark times  :D

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Ed Anger

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 23, 2012, 09:36:19 AM
Damn it Ed, where is the screaming face shouting FFFFUUUUCCCCKKKK that you normally post when the markets are tanking?

I find that it cheers me up in dark times  :D

Ed Anger

I locked in my profits on wally world. It does down some more, I'll buy again.

Richard Hakluyt

MadImmortalMan

http://www.thestreet.com/story/11513200/1/fair-market-value-update.html

tldr: Doug Kass says the fair market value of the S&P is 1485. He also tweeted we'd close green today. As for me, I have a bear call spread on at 141/140 SPY, expires Friday. I bought PG after the drop the other day to have something in there. Doug has 8 minutes for his green close to kick in...

Edit: Red close, you lose Dougie.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

MadImmortalMan

I was thinking of shorting Green Mountain on Monday after my successful play on Apple's earnings. I didn't do it, and went for a more conservative trade instead. Now look at this, GMCR--down 40% after hours. Trading halted.  :P

I wish I would trust my gut more. Last summer shook my confidence.

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 02, 2012, 04:13:53 PM
I was thinking of shorting Green Mountain on Monday after my successful play on Apple's earnings. I didn't do it, and went for a more conservative trade instead. Now look at this, GMCR--down 40% after hours. Trading halted.  :P

I wish I would trust my gut more. Last summer shook my confidence.
What happened?  Did scientists discover that the plastic from K-cups causes cancer?  Green Mountain was one of my missed investing opportunities many years ago, when I noticed how ubiquitous Keurig coffee-makers becomes.

Ed Anger

I think Starbucks is moving into the overpriced single cup of coffee maker at home space.

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 02, 2012, 04:20:09 PM
I think Starbucks is moving into the overpriced single cup of coffee maker at home space.
Didn't Starbucks renew their contract with GMC?

Ed Anger

No idea. I only remember business news when Jim Cramer plays funny sound effects.

Tamas

I haven't taken the time to properly decipher the stuff here:
http://www.nxcoreapi.com/aqck/3271.html

but it is still interesting - if you want to seek evidence/pattern of high frequency algo trading in today's market, you need to analyze 25 milliseconds charts or less. Fascinating, and scary.