Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Consumer confidence 44.5% and we crash this morning. I got out of my puts with a 20% gain. Now I'm happy to see us float up the rest of the day.

Edit: FOMC meeting concludes with no easing decided. That seems to be what the market expected, because nothing happened.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadImmortalMan

MadImmortalMan

The government is suing...everyone. Just about any bank in the world that matters. Yay.  :huh:

MadImmortalMan

I guess we know why BAC sold their soul to Warren Buffet...

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 02, 2011, 09:19:46 PM
The government is suing...everyone. Just about any bank in the world that matters. Yay.  :huh:

And once they have been sued and paid damages we can use more taxpayers money to bail them out  :hmm:

Tamas

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 03, 2011, 04:01:40 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 02, 2011, 09:19:46 PM

And once they have been sued and paid damages we can use more taxpayers money to bail them out  :hmm:

funny because true  :lol:

I am rather heavily shorting the market (compared to my miniscule gambling funds) so I sure hope Greece goes official bankrupt on Monday or something.

BTW, why on earth are they still struggling to save them, when their one year bonds go for like 75% interest, and the 10 year bonds for like 48%? WTF?

Richard Hakluyt

The Greeks need to default and get back to their Drachma, 10% inflation, constant devaluation and cheap holidays for the more thrifty and diligent part of Europe. It used to work quite well.

Tamas

Sure glad I kept my SP500 and Stocks50 shorts during the weekend. It is fun to earn money on betting against the economy!

Tamas

muhaha, I took my my profits on the euro50 early in the morning when there was an upspike, but had to wager my pocket change on it again. It's like free fall is iminent/ongoing.

Ed Anger

I turn on CNBC expecting their weekend/holiday programming and they are live from Europe down 5%. FUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKK.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

So what will happen tomorrow after the US open? Fade back to last Friday's levels, or collapse?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on September 05, 2011, 09:37:41 AM
So what will happen tomorrow after the US open? Fade back to last Friday's levels, or collapse?

futures are down at least 200, so it is gonna be a shitty day.

MadImmortalMan

Yep. I'm way too long too. This blows. I'm trying not to think about it.

Ed Anger

I laughed when Cramer when he said Euorpe's banks are undercapitalized. I ain't laughing anymore when IMF chick says it.

This shit is getting old.

MadImmortalMan

The good: I finally closed out my puts on BofA when I got up this morning. Nice profit. The only thing that consistently makes me money is shorting that fucking bank.  :P

The bad: When skynet tanked the market at the end of Friday, I thought it was a good opportunity to load up. Shortly thereafter, the "let's sue the whole world" plan came out. :bleeding:

(Do they have a team of dudes sitting around a table in Washington thinking"how can we make this worse?").

Anyway, I went long buying Phillip Morris, and calls on AMZN, AA, LLY, PEP, SLB and...GE. Yeah GE is on the list of the sued. Wonderful.