Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 15, 2011, 11:35:02 AM
I'm definitely looking for some bargains shortly. These drops are insane. I actually was thinking of increasing my position in CAT.
I was giving half a thought to US nuke stock.

Caliga

My brother owns ETR and has been gnashing his teeth about it since the earthquake.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on March 15, 2011, 05:58:02 PM
My brother owns ETR and has been gnashing his teeth about it since the earthquake.

Looking at that chart I can see why. Maybe he should double down.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on March 11, 2011, 08:12:32 PM
Anyway, I now own one and a half million shares of AppTech so I really hope Brazilians start buying that Daily Jesus Devotional app up like hotcakes.  If the stock price ever hits a buck, y'all can contact me in the Caymans. :cool:
Woohoo! :w00t:

QuoteAppTech's Oronoco Sales Continue to Grow
11:44a ET March 16, 2011 (PR NewsWire)
AppTech Corp (Pink Sheets: APCX) is pleased to announce that its wholly owned subsidiary, Oronoco Telecom sales continue to grow and are ahead of projections. For the first fifteen days of March 2011, sales were approximately $75,000.

Daniel Miroli, President of Oronoco stated: "the sales figures for the first half of March actually beat our expectations. Comparing sales for the second week of March 2011 with the second week of February 2011, sales are up approximately 100%." Eric Ottens, AppTech's CEO added: "the fact that we have been able to beat our initial sales projections is a significant achievement. We will continue our aggressive and relentless campaign to grow Oronoco's revenue."

About AppTech Corp

AppTech Corp is developing mobile application market places serving emerging markets in Latin America, Brazil and the USA. AppTech is focused on multi-platform mobile apps designed to run on device operating systems such as Apple's iPhone and Google's Android. In addition, through its wholly owned subsidiary, Oronoco Telecom, AppTech is working on securing agreements with top communication companies in Central America, South America and The Caribbean.

Forward-Looking Statements

This release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. "Forward-looking statements" describe future expectations, plans, results, or strategies and are generally preceded by words such as "may," "future," "plan" or "planned," "will" or "should," "expected," "anticipates," "draft," "eventually" or "projected." You are cautioned that such statements are subject to a multitude of risks and uncertainties that could cause future circumstances, events, or results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements, including the risks that actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of various factors, and other risks identified in a company's annual report.

Virmmac, LLC
810-333-1129
[email protected]

alfred russel

For you penny stock investors, here is a 50 cent hot stock tip: "TVG's stock went from 5 cent to 10 in one day. You can double your money right now. Just get what you can afford."

Seems like a sure thing. (I make most of my investment decisions from rap star twitter feeds)

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/thatsreallyweek/130325/jan-10-16-50-cent-uses-twitter-to-make-87-million-in-one-day/
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadImmortalMan

My position in WLL is up a decent amount after languishing for the last couple weeks. CAT up a little too. This is a good day. Maybe I should sell. You guys think this is a blip in an otherwise down trend, or were the big earthquake selloffs the blip in an otherwise up trend?

Caliga

IMO there will be a crash at some point this year, probably before end of Q2.

MadImmortalMan

Oh shit. I just noticed Cramer interviewed Whiting's CEO yesterday. Maybe this is a pump and dump. At least I was ahead of Cramer this time...

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 17, 2011, 12:28:44 PM
My position in WLL is up a decent amount after languishing for the last couple weeks. CAT up a little too. This is a good day. Maybe I should sell. You guys think this is a blip in an otherwise down trend, or were the big earthquake selloffs the blip in an otherwise up trend?

I tend to think "where else is there to put the money?"  :hmm:

Not impressed by the "safety" of government bonds. I dunno, maybe a lot of people feel the same way, the market has been stronger this entire 12-18 months than the pundits expected.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 17, 2011, 12:28:44 PM
I think it's going to be a good year.  At some point people with jobs will realize the economy is actually in pretty good shape and start spending the money they're now sitting on.

The only thing I'm worried about is that when QE2 ends up higher bond yields might make stocks look less attractive.

Ed Anger

I've mostly withdrawn from everything in my speculation fund. I made enough the other day to last me quite a while to see how things shake out.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Oil will go higher now. Watch Ghaddafi light up some wells.

Caliga

:cool: The CEO says this ain't a pump and dump, so it ain't a pump and dump. :smoke:

QuoteAppTech's CEO Discusses Recent Events
9:54a ET March 17, 2011 (PR NewsWire)
AppTech Corp (Pink Sheets: APCX) Eric Ottens, CEO of AppTech Corp wanted to share some of the Company's "Moving Forward" plans.

First let me state that we have submitted the documents to OTCMarkets-Pinksheets so that we can improve our designation to "Current Reporting".

I am hopeful that the new designation will be posted on the Pink Sheets in the next 3-5 business days. I would also like to address the issue of 'reverse splits and dilution'. There are no plans whatsoever for a reverse split for AppTech. Recently 2 billion shares were returned to treasury as a result of the rescission of a previous agreement. We have reissued some shares mostly for acquisitions but these are 144 shares that are restricted for one year from the date of issue. Our basic share structure has not changed since the beginning of the year. There is no basis for the concern regarding dilution.

Ottens continues: "AppTech is actively seeking 'partnerships' with other companies so as to be able to grow the company as quickly as possible. I am very much focused on the company's financial success for the benefit of all shareholders. From the time we begin negotiations for a prospective 'union' with another company until we conclude the negotiations, this time period can take several months. I have a goal to go 'full reporting' within a year. I wish I could do it sooner but the financial statements for 2009 cannot be audited since the predecessor company had inventory in its balance sheet and this inventory can no longer be valuated. No one associated with AppTech will be part of any so called pump and dump scheme. My number one objective is to grow AppTech in a methodical, disciplined manner for the benefit of all shareholders."

About AppTech Corp

AppTech Corp is developing mobile application market places serving emerging markets in Latin America, Brazil and the USA. AppTech is focused on multi-platform mobile apps designed to run on device operating systems such as Apple's iPhone and Google's Android. In addition, through its wholly owned subsidiary, Oronoco Telecom, AppTech is working on securing agreements with top communication companies in Central America, South America and The Caribbean.

Forward-Looking Statements

This release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. "Forward-looking statements" describe future expectations, plans, results, or strategies and are generally preceded by words such as "may," "future," "plan" or "planned," "will" or "should," "expected," "anticipates," "draft," "eventually" or "projected." You are cautioned that such statements are subject to a multitude of risks and uncertainties that could cause future circumstances, events, or results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements, including the risks that actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of various factors, and other risks identified in a company's annual report.

Virmmac, LLC
810-333-1129
[email protected]

MadImmortalMan

My Whiting Petroleum position stop lossed out today for a 10% gain. Half my entire account was in that position. Mrs MIM gets a nice dinner tonight.

Count

I got some inheritance money about 10 years ago and invested 1,000 dollars in Intel. Now I'm collecting my 680 dollars.   ;)
I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years