Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on January 31, 2022, 09:51:05 AM
My gambling account though is in shambles.

Yeah, my gambling account is a constant reminder I should never try to make investment decisions with my real money.  :D

Admiral Yi

Nice bounce back today.  Is there some significant news driving the market?

Big money! Big money!

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2022, 04:41:04 PM

Big money! Big money!

I think it's a bear market rally. Fucked up the shorts I was using my gambling account for, though. OUCH.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Caliga on September 16, 2011, 08:31:16 PM
Asians don't do anything for me.

I was browsing the archives and came across this gem. ^_^

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 31, 2022, 04:41:04 PM

Big money! Big money!

Prices are down! Buy! BUY! BUY!!!

At least that's my less then informed assumption.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Tamas

It uses some assumptions of course but based on public data here is a comparison of how Cramer recommendations, trades by Congressmen, and by Pelosi specifically, could have done:
unusualwhales.com/etfs

Spoiler alert: too bad Congress is now talking of banning themselves from trading, it means Pelosi won't have to disclose what she is doing, robbing you from nice profits.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on February 10, 2022, 06:09:53 AM
Wasn't the thing with Pelosi more her husband?

Not sure but let's not pretend the husband isn't working on info gotten from the wife.

Tamas

Admiral Yi

So as I mentioned a while back, I sold a Tesla call @810 and was feeling like an eejit when it rose to 1200.

Feeling less like an eejit now that Tesla is down to 794, and my put is in the money. (I sold the put Habbakku.)

Still getting slaughtered though.

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 23, 2022, 01:21:37 PM
Feeling less like an eejit now that Tesla is down to 794, and my put is in the money. (I sold the put Habbakku.)

:yeah:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Richard Hakluyt

Channeling Emperor Hirohito, I'm beginning to think that I may not have bought those Lloyds shares at the most opportune time  :hmm:

Admiral Yi