Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Threviel on June 08, 2021, 01:09:43 AM
So... I laid my order for CLOV, apparently I had 254$ so I put in an order for 21 stocks for 11,94. To the stonk and up!

To prove you how bad an idea it is, I have purchased 25 shares at 11.82 yesterday. :P

Threviel

Quote from: Tamas on June 08, 2021, 02:57:15 AM
Quote from: Threviel on June 08, 2021, 01:09:43 AM
So... I laid my order for CLOV, apparently I had 254$ so I put in an order for 21 stocks for 11,94. To the stonk and up!

To prove you how bad an idea it is, I have purchased 25 shares at 11.82 yesterday. :P

It was at 8 when I had the idea to buy it, so I expect that it will be back at 8 shortly. :Embarrass:

Josquius

Been too busy to look at stocks this week.
Should have bought clov. Wow. Well done. Hope you sold at the top.

... Or I'm wrong and it has further to go.
██████
██████
██████

Threviel

Forgot all about it, I did not get any with my 11.94 order. Dang. Second time I was right and missed big.  :lol:

Tamas

Quote from: Threviel on June 08, 2021, 10:53:57 AM
Forgot all about it, I did not get any with my 11.94 order. Dang. Second time I was right and missed big.  :lol:

:pinch:

I feel dirty when such ridiculous meme stocks work out. It's nonsense.

Threviel

Hot dang, it's soon at 21... Well well, time to go look for my next meme stock.

Josquius

Tell me what I should buy next. This is absolutely not  beginners luck. I'm sure of it.

It's dirty for sure. I know a guy made a lot of a company with the ticker bbq. Which he bought purely because pork is nice.
I'm looking at nakd to get a similarly ridiculous boost. Again.
██████
██████
██████

Threviel

Let me be very clear: Everything I talk about here is only fun and games. I am in no way investing any serious money in these meme stocks and I am in no way taking any risks above and beyond my play money and I do not recommend that you buy anything I ever talk about.

And to explain, for Blackberry it made sense to invest, they are sitting on a lot of intellectual property and they have potential to grow under the current business model, at least as far as I could ascertain, I've forgotten the details. Now massively over-priced due to memes.

The same with CLOV, the company was sensibly valued at 10ish dollars, so any investment in it shouldn't be a massive risk, if I would have bought at 12 the worst case was that it would have gone back to 8, 33% loss. Huge losses, but manageable (since it's just a game for fun, not manageable with my real investment fund). And I did not expect it to go back to 8. Now, at 21 or whatever it is massively overpriced due to meme hype, so best to sell. Sure, it might go up more, I would guess to 24 or so*, but still, better sell when ahead.

So on to look for a trending meme stock that has had a stable price for at least half a year or so, but crucially also one that makes sense to invest in regardless of meme status.

* I have contacts in the department of things guessed out of my ass.

Threviel

So.. I've been reading wallstreetbets for several minutes. Apparently CLNE might be the next big thing. It's a utilities company dealing in environmentally friendly gas and it might have an ok future. It does seem to be reasonably priced, a far bit below its maximum.

My estimation, based on the smell of my latest fart and the look of its price curve is that it will bottom at around 6.50 if it goes down. I went all-in and bought 26 stocks for 9.82. To the moon stonkingly.

Josquius

I was joking. As said that's my approach too.

CLNE is one I've been in a bit since it was down at 2. Made a fair bit selling at the last peak and rebuying since.

Really not sure on it long term but medium term it seems decent.

I'm surprised WSB has picked up on it now. It's shorted heavily enough for their attention?

A company called broadwind is one that has got my attention lately. Suspect it could be due for a rise and is near its bottom.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

You might not be getting the full stonk experience Threviel.

As I understand it the full stonk comes when a shit stock goes 10X or 20X because of a short squeeze, i.e. GME and AMC.

Habbaku

Yes, what Yi said. In addition, you don't buy the stock itself, but YOLO into deep OTM call options to really make your bet shine if it pays off.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Threviel

Come again? Please talk to me in economic retard.

Edit: To Habby, not Yi.

Tamas

If you are an American you could buy options on most of these shares. Which is an easy way to make incredibly high losses if you are not careful, but also sound like a reasonable way of making good payout bets if done carefully and you don't mind losing money.

Habbaku

:lol: I am afraid to explain how options work because I don't want to encourage anyone to buy them.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien