Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Tamas on March 09, 2021, 12:49:45 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 09, 2021, 11:32:19 AM
I'm really surprised that GME is up so much. Expected it was just a temporary spike up into the 100s but there it goes.
Regretting not buying when I noticed it starting to go at 70 again. Hey ho.

There were far more reasons to think it was on its way to 12.

Yeah.  This stock price is completely divorced from the company's fundamentals.  Investing in it now is more akin to gambling than any kind of investment.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 09, 2021, 01:02:57 PM
Tesla and Square have been jumping up and down like a yoyo today.

Tesla has been almost non-stop upward. I'll short it a day or so after the stimulus bill is passed.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tamas on March 09, 2021, 01:12:31 PM
Tesla has been almost non-stop upward. I'll short it a day or so after the stimulus bill is passed.

Hmm.  Maybe Etrade's reporting is fucked up.

Tamas

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 09, 2021, 01:19:18 PM
Quote from: Tamas on March 09, 2021, 01:12:31 PM

Hmm.  Maybe Etrade's reporting is fucked up.

Use Tradingview, especially if you don't mind having just up to 3 indicators in their free tier.

Admiral Yi

Sold 2 Viacom 4/16 calls @125.  Strangely 125 is high as it goes.  Seems Viacom is under a short squeeze, ,price has really run up.

Admiral Yi

Another good thing about covered calls is you can relax when the stock is getting clobbered.  :lol:

Admiral Yi

Some delicate green shoots appearing after a brutal couple of weeks.

Anyone following the Archegos story?

Admiral Yi

Sold 3 SQ $275 calls and 1 TSLA $820 call.  Both April 30.

crazy canuck

My play money investments are down 42%.

Please, if I ever make noises about not needing my financial advisor, remind me about this.

Habbaku

Play money is play money, but it's also a good reminder of what not to do with your retirement money.  :D
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Richard Hakluyt

I've gone really long and have put most of the loot into passive index-trackers; I intend to leave these investments to my kids. The rest I have turned into cash which I will spend travelling once the plague is history.

Josquius

So we're all forseeing a crash? :unsure:

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 31, 2021, 05:10:38 PM

Please, if I ever make noises about not needing my financial advisor, remind me about this.
How have you managed that? Anything in particular collapsed?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on April 01, 2021, 04:55:50 AM

In silly meme stocks? Possibly. In companies which are not grossly overvalued? Nah.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tyr on April 01, 2021, 04:55:50 AM

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 31, 2021, 05:10:38 PM

How have you managed that? Anything in particular collapsed?

Mainly the psilocybin medical stocks I bought basically at the top, one day they will hopefully be worth something.