Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Josquius

Thats that then, looks like the jig is up for the gamestop gang. Shame.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on February 02, 2021, 09:44:29 AM

Are you staying the course or cutting and running?

Josquius

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 02, 2021, 09:45:53 AM
Quote from: Tyr on February 02, 2021, 09:44:29 AM

Are you staying the course or cutting and running?
Already sold. Profits on all way above what I'd normally expect out of shares albeit not quite the near peak of the first one. Oh well.
Tried to buy back in for a small amount  as I felt I saw a temporary bottom but the buy was rejected.
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on February 02, 2021, 09:59:25 AM
I'd be up about $10k if Fidelity had processed my order.

You could have bought some puts.  No one to blame but your own knuckleheaded self.

Price of my put just EXPLODED to 1.90.  :yeah:

Tamas

Admiral Yi

Jesus Fredo, why the hell didn't you short this dog?  You really blew it.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 02, 2021, 10:02:27 AM
You could have bought some puts.  No one to blame but your own knuckleheaded self.

Price of my put just EXPLODED to 1.90.  :yeah:

I think we discussed this before!!!!

The price of options priced in a crash of the stock over the medium term. When I was trying to short, with the price around $350, I looked at buying a one year put with the strike price of $350....It was like $220.

For someone confident that the stock would revert to a more reasonable level but not willing to bet on a timeline for that to happen, the only play was to outright short the stock (with a significant cushion of funds to avoid margin calls in the event it continued its dramatic rise in the short term).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on February 02, 2021, 10:48:35 AM
I think we discussed this before!!!!

The price of options priced in a crash of the stock over the medium term. When I was trying to short, with the price around $350, I looked at buying a one year put with the strike price of $350....It was like $220.

For someone confident that the stock would revert to a more reasonable level but not willing to bet on a timeline for that to happen, the only play was to outright short the stock (with a significant cushion of funds to avoid margin calls in the event it continued its dramatic rise in the short term).

You discussed this before, we haven't.

A one year put was knuckleheaded.  There was no way the price was going to stay inflated that long.

Knucklehead knucklehead knucklehead.

Admiral Yi