Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Syt on December 07, 2020, 11:26:15 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on December 07, 2020, 09:51:32 AM
Now, crypto on the other hand...  :P

I recently got rid of my bitcoin money. I got it as vouchers for christmas/belated 5 year gift from the company almost 3 years ago. I waited a good few months before using the vouchers, but the rate still dropped significantly after that. I recently sold when it finally became about 15 or 20% worth more than what I originally cashed in on. Deleted my wallet and am done with this. :P

:cheers: Good call.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWfEmVe5dlg

Cramer says he expects airbnb to open 56-60.

68 or lower, buy buy buy.  80 leave it alone.

I don't pay that much attention to Cramer (in part because I can't understand his mumbling) but it is nice to have some buy/don't price parameters.

crazy canuck

I have put some playing around money into the psychedelics.  Now I wish I had put some real money into it.   Up over 50%

Admiral Yi

Now ABNB is opening at 68 and expected to rise to 153 when trading starts later in the day.  Too rich for my blood, sitting it out.  Bought Beoing with that money instead.

Admiral Yi

Options premiums are pretty rich on Tesla.  Am giving thought to getting back in the covered call business.

1 12/28 call @800 would give me c. $1,000.

Any thoughts?  Tonto, you in particular?

Worst case is Tesla zooms up way past 800/share in two weeks, I cash out 100 shares at 800 per.

crazy canuck

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 08, 2020, 07:43:29 PM
I have put some playing around money into the psychedelics.  Now I wish I had put some real money into it.   Up over 50%

I bought mind medicine at 2 and it is now above 6. 

One thing you guys might want to think about is not investing in the names that you and everyone else already knows.

Admiral Yi

Bought some NNDM.

Brain, did you buy Spotify?  I see it has been on a tear.

Josquius

I am a winnah.
Bought a batch of clean energy fuels stock and it spiked. Other green energy stuff is doing well too.
Still can't help but feel paranoid about actually getting the cash monies from all this when I need it.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on December 24, 2020, 03:20:41 AM
Still can't help but feel paranoid about actually getting the cash monies from all this when I need it.

I know exactly how you feel.

The first time a withdrawal actually showed up in my bank account was a relief.

Admiral Yi

Lending Club has gone belly up looks like.  Not accepting any more funds.

Don't read further if bragging bothers you.

I just had the most monumental year in terms of investments.  The IRA is up 122% year to date.  Total net worth up 87%.  Hooray.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

According to Wiki, LC hasn't gone belly up, but rather they're winding down.  As far as your IRA returns, I could've done that as well if I sold before the Covid crash and bought back in at the bottom.

Caliga

Nice work, Yi. :cool:

CC, I looked at your Mind Medicine company's financials.... they don't look like a 'real' company to me... like it doesn't look like they have any employees based on their income statement?  Do you know these folks personally or something?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points