Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

As my old macro professor used to say, every financial decision is a struggle between greed and fear.

Admiral Yi

80 bucks down from its intraday high.  FOMOs and fanbois piled in and smart money took profits, killing the bubble.  Back to a nice, healthy, runaway stock price. :)

Hamilcar

Quote from: Habbaku on February 04, 2020, 02:35:06 PM
Tesla is starting to scare me. What goes up that fast, that high, must surely come down pretty hard too, right? I just don't see the fundamentals there.

It's pure algo-rage

Admiral Yi

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPHEb0bGcPw

Ralph Nader making no sense about Tesla price manipulation and general market overpricing.

Habbaku

:lol: He's saying things that make sense at the start, and then just starts rambling. Yee-ikes.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The anchor is very charitable, throwing him a lifeline at the end there.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Monoriu

Ok, one of my bonds has matured, and I need to find another one.

Bond yields are abysmal.  Among the bonds that are available for tiny retail investors, the one with the highest yield is...

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.  Yield 3.46%.  Date of Maturity 2046 :bleeding:

Second highest yield is from some Mainland Chinese asset management company.  Yield is 3% or so.  Date of maturity is 2027. 

Admiral Yi

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Still climbing in after hours.  :ph34r:

I think I'll drop a couple of shares if it hits $950.

Or not.  Shit.  I feel like I'm sitting on the bitcoin bubble.

Monoriu

Should I buy Iron Mountain, QSR and McDonald's?  I understand that QSR is the holding company of languish legend and favourite Tim Horton's :unsure:

Admiral Yi

More importantly, QSR owns Popeye's.  If I had to invest in a boring food service company with an OK dividend and steady but uninspiring growth I would pick QSR over Mickey's just for the Popeye's connection.  And there was a recent internet flareup about the popularity of their new chicken sandwich so maybe that will internationalize.

I wouldn't buy Iron Mountain.  Long term declining industry and their outrageous dividend is under threat because of the need to invest out of their core business to stay alive.

Monoriu

Ok, QSR then.  I just have to make sure I stay awake long enough to press the buttons in the middle of the night.