Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Phillip V

Getting interested in buying one of the regional wireless telecoms such as SHEN or USM.  Maybe they will get bought out by T-Mobile US or other party.

Ed Anger

My Twitter strategery failed. I hoped Zuckerfuckface would make a play for the company, but instead the stock went into the shitter.

Made a small profit, but I'm a bit butthurt right now.  :cry:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Phillip V

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 06, 2016, 08:00:26 PM
My Twitter strategery failed. I hoped Zuckerfuckface would make a play for the company, but instead the stock went into the shitter.

Made a small profit, but I'm a bit butthurt right now.  :cry:

What reasons for Facebook to acquire Twitter?

Admiral Yi

AT&T has been taking a beating recently, following news of their takeover bid for Time Warner.  36.79 today, after peaking around 43.  Credit raters also put them on watch (currently BBB+).

My only hope now is to get written into the Anger Monkey will.  :(

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 24, 2016, 02:36:46 PM
AT&T has been taking a beating recently, following news of their takeover bid for Time Warner.  36.79 today, after peaking around 43.  Credit raters also put them on watch (currently BBB+).

My only hope now is to get written into the Anger Monkey will.  :(

No
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Alcibiades

BKCC taking a beating, was down as low as 6.85 a share this morning.  Good time to buy, maybe?  Though their release after COB yesterday looked a bit concerning.... :unsure:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Hamilcar

Phillip V

Wall Street giddiness scaring me.  I sold off a piece of my portfolio today to build up cash and lock in gains.

Admiral Yi

It's interesting how the market is predicting Trump's policies:

Foreign ETFs: ass crushed.  Mexico in particular.

Finance: up a bunch.  Analysts say regulations will be watered down.

My pipeline ETF is up a bunch, I guess because Trump will ditch a lot of green stuff like electric car subsidies?

Admiral Yi

Just got an email from Lending Club: 2 United miles for every dollar invested.

How much is a frequent flyer mile worth?  I've never had any.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 10, 2016, 05:27:53 PM
Just got an email from Lending Club: 2 United miles for every dollar invested.

How much is a frequent flyer mile worth?  I've never had any.

Few cents. Inflation rate is rough.

Malthus

I have no idea what the fuck is going on with the markets today. My portfolio is up 3% overall. This much volatility worries me, even though it is great to see such an increase, after a year that started with a downer and has been pretty anemic in recovering since.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Hamilcar on November 10, 2016, 05:38:16 PM
Few cents. Inflation rate is rough.

I meant how many miles do you need before you can get a ticket.