Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Ok so yesterday it was time to start my grand adventure in the deep dungeons of LENDING CLUB. Oh what vile monsters will devour my soul in this abyss of usurious darkness?

Alright so here we go:

Hell yeah! Viper can tell you I always play on hard mode. Also I am only investing $100.00 so might as well.

Speaking of $100.00 I must arm myself with my noobie sword.

Now to slay the...um wait what?

Friday? Ok damn I will come back on Friday.

Ok so today I load it up all excited to get in there and start battling the noobie notes of doom but...

FUCK this game takes forever to load up.

I will tell Total Biscuit to do a very harsh review of this game.

Anyway so...I guess I will start this all next week then. At least me losing all my money immediately will not happen!

I guess I should make a 'Lending Club Quest' graphic or something. Well I have plenty of time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on August 05, 2016, 06:51:45 PM

Did I mention I met him? Also Charles Barkley. Same day.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 05, 2016, 07:29:42 PM

Did I mention I met him? Also Charles Barkley. Same day.

No you never did. Awesome. What even would include both of them? :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadImmortalMan

CES show Vegas January 1016.  :)

TB was calling a CS tournament.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 05, 2016, 08:38:26 PM
CES show Vegas January 1016.  :)

TB was calling a CS tournament.

Jealous. Is there a good story there?

Valmy

I guess I should make a 'Lending Club Quest' graphic or something. Well I have plenty of time.

Ok so here it is:

What do you think? :hmm:

Hamilcar

Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2016, 01:12:27 PM

Ok so here it is:

:D :D

9.5/10, would play.

Admiral Yi

FYI Valmy, even if you lose all your money right away, you won't lose all your money right away.  A loan stays on the books for a long time after a payment is missed, at a discounted value.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 06, 2016, 01:27:08 PM
FYI Valmy, even if you lose all your money right away, you won't lose all your money right away.  A loan stays on the books for a long time after a payment is missed, at a discounted value.

Ah so I could theoretically sell my stake to some sucker at a discounted value then? Interesting.

Valmy

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2016, 01:28:23 PM
Ah so I could theoretically sell my stake to some sucker at a discounted value then? Interesting.

There is a dedicated secondary market which I haven't bothered looking at on the assumption that the discounts demanded would be outrageous.

Lending Club provides the discounted value, based on their historical experience with recovering money from loans that have gone delinquent, for informational purposes.  It's definitely not a resale price guarantee.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 06, 2016, 01:33:13 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2016, 01:28:23 PM

There is a dedicated secondary market which I haven't bothered looking at on the assumption that the discounts demanded would be outrageous.

Lending Club provides the discounted value, based on their historical experience with recovering money from loans that have gone delinquent, for informational purposes.  It's definitely not a resale price guarantee.

I get that. But the secondary market gives me a second chance. In any case hopefully none of this will be relevant for me anytime soon.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Hamilcar on August 06, 2016, 01:14:56 PM

Ok so here it is:

9.5/10, would play.

Agreed.  Reminds me of the old Sierra Online games.  :P

Hamilcar

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 06, 2016, 02:50:57 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on August 06, 2016, 01:14:56 PM

Ok so here it is:

9.5/10, would play.

Agreed.  Reminds me of the old Sierra Online games.  :P

Just needs some pixellated bags of gold coins.

Valmy

I was thinking of doing:

Usury Quest: So you want to be a Mono

In this style:

Hah at the free Prodigy.

But then I saw this:

And decided on its current form :P