Stocks and Trading Thread - Channeling your inner Mono

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 21, 2009, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

FYI Squeeze, it was Hillary who warned off Nvidia. Let the public shaming begin. :ph34r:

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODz4Ex58oeM

MSNBC interview with dude about Netflix, Disney, streaming in genera.  I thought he had interesting things to say.

Full disclosure: I own Netflix.

MadImmortalMan

Disney's in a cash crunch because they have to buy Hulu. That's probably the cause of most of their current problems. Financial problems. The terrible TV shows and movies are a completely different issue.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

I wish they would buy Paramount.

Finally back to my high of two years ago.  Or looking at the glass half empty, zero return for two years.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 12, 2023, 02:28:45 PMI wish they would buy Paramount.

Pretty sure that would cause massive anti-trust issues.  It was tricky enough when they bought chunks of Fox.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

I've finally closed my short position on Disney. Bob Iger's incompetence has been paying off for years but now hopefully bottoming out. That guy wanted to run for President. What a loser.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Admiral Yi

crazy canuck

The shares in companies researching psilocybin based medication for depression that I bought with my play money a while back (that have done nothing but go down in value since I bought them) are showing signs of life now.  One received FDA initial approval on Monday and shot up in value.  The second received FDA approval on Wednesday and that price did not move.   So I bought a bunch more - it's just a penny stock at this point.  This morning the second company announced the results of second round of clinical trials - 75% of patients were in remission after only 2 doses.  Remission!  That is very promising.  [Furiously knocks on wood]

Admiral Yi

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Tempted to toss a token amount into DJT as a very cynical investment move...on the idea that when roughly 40-45% of the population are suckers...profit???  :hmm:

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 26, 2024, 09:51:10 PMTempted to toss a token amount into DJT as a very cynical investment move...on the idea that when roughly 40-45% of the population are suckers...profit???  :hmm:

Why don't you buy one of his new God bless America bibles?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Surely the time to do this was some months ago?
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josquius on March 27, 2024, 04:25:19 AMSurely the time to do this was some months ago?

It just went public.

Toni, it's never a good idea to get involved in a pump and dump scheme even if you know it is a pump and dump scheme.

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on March 27, 2024, 02:10:59 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 26, 2024, 09:51:10 PMTempted to toss a token amount into DJT as a very cynical investment move...on the idea that when roughly 40-45% of the population are suckers...profit???  :hmm:

Why don't you buy one of his new God bless America bibles?

No chance for return on investment.  :P