Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Yeah in the UK - and I think across Europe - there's been a surge in agricultural vehicles being stolen. From what I've read it is believed that's ultimately going across the black market into Russia for parts, particularly chips.
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: frunk on July 12, 2024, 11:49:53 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 12, 2024, 10:26:40 AMI also wouldn't be surprised to see Russia (and, in fairness, Ukraine) try to start using the organised crime networks in their countries and internationally as part of the war policy.

I would be very surprised if this wasn't already being done.

The thing is - I'm not sure that the "organised crime networks" in both Russia and Ukraine aren't the same networks.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Sheilbh

I think I read somewhere that after 2014 they did split - there was less and less transnational across the two. In part because in both countries there are overlaps with the state, who made it clear that each other was the enemy and if they wanted a little bit of sufferance from the authorities they needed to reflect that.

So I believe they are generally now very clearly distinct.
Let's bomb Russia!

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 12, 2024, 01:25:40 PMI think I read somewhere that after 2014 they did split - there was less and less transnational across the two. In part because in both countries there are overlaps with the state, who made it clear that each other was the enemy and if they wanted a little bit of sufferance from the authorities they needed to reflect that.

So I believe they are generally now very clearly distinct.

Same happened with a number of groups of hacker-scum (criminals eh) after 2022.

Josquius

Apparently there's been another Ukrainian rotation mixup leading to the Russians advancing a few miles.

Things seem really weird at the moment with the Russians really throwing as much meat as possible forward, inevitably gaining territory in places whilst sustaining huge losses.
I guess they see themselves as on a timer to grab as much as they can whenever they can until their man Herr Trump comes to power and orders the American puppet regime to sue for peace with the borders as they are... Giving Russia a few years to get prepared for another go.
██████
██████
██████