News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Need a HDTV

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 18, 2009, 07:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Pedrito on December 21, 2009, 04:35:04 AM
I own a 50" samsung plasma TV, model PSP50Q96FD, full HD, since two years ago and I must say I'm not satisfied;
to clarify: the image quality is great, the blacks are very black and the contrast rate is pretty good, but when displaying large tracts of white or very light colors the tv emits a low buzz that increases with the increase of white displayed.
I called the service and they replaced don't know which jizzbit inside the tv, but the problem remains.
While watching a movie it is barely preceivable, but as I lower the volume it becomes obnoxious

L.

What type of cable?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

I've been happy with the quality of Mitsubishi so far.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Pedrito

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 21, 2009, 07:10:25 AM
Quote from: Pedrito on December 21, 2009, 04:35:04 AM
I own a 50" samsung plasma TV, model PSP50Q96FD, full HD, since two years ago and I must say I'm not satisfied;
to clarify: the image quality is great, the blacks are very black and the contrast rate is pretty good, but when displaying large tracts of white or very light colors the tv emits a low buzz that increases with the increase of white displayed.
I called the service and they replaced don't know which jizzbit inside the tv, but the problem remains.
While watching a movie it is barely preceivable, but as I lower the volume it becomes obnoxious

L.

What type of cable?
HDMI cables; component for the Wii, as the fucker doesn't support hdmi  <_<
Maybe I should replace the hdmi cable with a more performing one, but no one can convince me to invest money in what I call the high Quality Cable Scam

L:
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Grey Fox

Maybe try a less cheap one to see if it's interference from something in your home. or shield your cable more effectively

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DGuller

I thought plasma was on the way out? :unsure:

viper37

Quote from: DGuller on December 21, 2009, 11:03:27 AM
I thought plasma was on the way out? :unsure:
Not really.  LCDs are more popular, but plasma is well alive and kicking and provides the best image quality at a better price than an LCD.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

If you like movie watching.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 21, 2009, 11:11:47 AM
If you like movie watching.
Why else would I buy a HDTV?

Movie+TV+Sports = Plasma.
Gaming = LCD.

Motion blur is still present on LCDs, except with 240hz tvs, but then you get motion sickness.

Grey Fox

Because you can't find LCD TVs that aren't HD anymore? Can you? I have one but I bought it 5 years ago

derspiess

Quote from: LaCroix on December 19, 2009, 12:14:23 PM
three bedroom house for me--small living room. it could fit a papasan, a couch, the tv, and a coffee table with hardly any space to move around (except in front of the tv).

I was quite happy with my 37" TV when I got it 3 years ago.  But now I think 50" is necessary, or 47" at the very least.  I'd even settle for 42" :(

Knowing that there is beautiful 1080p waiting to get out of those blu-ray discs, when I only have 720p (or 1080i downscaled to 1366x768) is killing me.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall