News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Brittany Murphy just died...

Started by Alexandru H., December 20, 2009, 04:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: Caliga on December 21, 2009, 10:10:25 AM
Not when it's Type 1 diabetes.  Everyone I know who has that is thin as a rail.

:yes:

It's really hard to gain weight with Type 1, and generally, when a person is diagnosed, it's when they're in full-on ketoacidosis, which is essentially the body starving to death. When Jeremy was diagnosed he weighed 95 pounds and was 5'8". Now he's 5'11" and a whopping 125 lbs.

Ketoacidosis is kind of hard to miss when you're a known diabetic, though. It's a long, slow process to get there, and if you check your blood sugar even a few times a week you'd know there was a problem.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

Quote from: Fate on December 20, 2009, 05:20:55 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 20, 2009, 05:00:50 PM
What movies was she in?

She played the fucked up / battered girlfriend of Benicio Del Toro in Sin City

I think that's the only movie I've seen with her. When I was told the news today I was, "Huh? Who?" and didn't recognize her on pictures. Then again there's few noteworthy mainstream-ish movie actors and actresses these days.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

dps

Quote from: Drakken on December 21, 2009, 10:09:58 AM
QuoteAn autopsy had not been scheduled as of Sunday night, but Captain John Kades, a spokesman for the coroner's office, told CNN that there was no sign of foul play or trauma. He added that it's not unusual for a younger person to die of natural causes.

Yeah, because people in their early thirties really die in droves of heart attacks. :rolleyes:

Well, it says "natural causes" not "heart attack". 

Razgovory

Time is rapidly running out for her to do a tasteful yet revealing sex scene.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Korea

Quote from: Fate on December 20, 2009, 05:20:55 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 20, 2009, 05:00:50 PM
What movies was she in?

She played the fucked up / battered girlfriend of Benicio Del Toro in Sin City and Eminem's girlfriend in 8 Mile.

It's no wonder that she offed herself.

She also played the voice of Luann on King of the Hill.
I want my mother fucking points!

katmai

The corner is reporting she was suffering from flu like symptoms in days before her death.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

sbr

Quote from: katmai on December 21, 2009, 01:27:20 PM
The corner is reporting she was suffering from flu like symptoms in days before her death.

OMG Teh Swine Flue strikes again!!

DGuller

Quote from: katmai on December 21, 2009, 01:27:20 PM
I bet that the flu-like illness or the complications from its symptoms played a part in her death.

Viking

Latest news suggests diabetes and the flu.

Edit: I do know the difference between flue and flu. I just did a typo. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

Too bad.  She was hilarious in Drop Dead Gorgeous & I liked her other roles as well.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Viking on December 21, 2009, 04:08:33 PM
Latest news suggests diabetes and the flue.
Which flue?  You mean like her chimney flue? -_-

Oh well, better a flue than a grue. :ph34r:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Caliga

Did she: run out of fuel for her brass lantern?  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on December 21, 2009, 11:56:30 AM
Time is rapidly running out for her to do a tasteful yet revealing sex scene.

Insensitive.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.