Obama gives Queen Elizabeth II an Ipod with his speeches

Started by Weatherman, April 01, 2009, 08:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weatherman

QuotePresident and First Lady Obama gave Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II a video iPod with inscription, songs uploaded and accessories, plus a rare musical songbook signed by Richard Rodgers.

Uploaded onto the iPod:

* Photos from the Queen's 2007 White House State Visit
    * Photos from the Queen's 2007 Jamestown, Va., Visit
    * Photos from the Queen's 2007 Richmond, Va., Visit
    * Video from the Queen's 1957 Jamestown Visit
    * Video from the Queen's 2007 Jamestown Visit
    * Video from the Queen's 2007 Richmond Visit
    * Photos from President Obama's Inauguration
    * Audio of then-state senator Obama's speech at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and
    * Audio of President Obama 2009 Inauguration Address

Britain's Press Association reports that the Royal couple gave the Obamas "a silver-framed, signed photograph of themselves."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/04/what-does-one-g.html

:bowler:

Neil

At least the speeches weren't the only thing on there.  Surprising, given Obama's egomania.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

saskganesh

The Queen smiled and thanked him for his gift. The she went back to her apartments, had some cherry, and filed the ipod with the headhunter necklace from Papua New Guinea, the eagle feather headress from Alberta, Thatcher's signed autobiography from Westminster, and other assorted "trophies" from public life.

and then her corgis ate it.
humans were created in their own image

Hansmeister

At least the ipod isn't encoded for North American use only, unlike the $19.95 DVD collection he gave Gordon Brown when he visited the US.  Is the obamateur really that fucking incompetent that he can't follow basic diplomatic etiquette?  You'd figure after all the flak he caught over the embarrasing receiption for Brown a few weeks ago he'd learn something.  So much for being "sophisticated".  That cowboy Bush was far more diplomatic than this idiot.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

saskganesh

Hans: if you knew what a powerful weapon satire was, your blind partisan robot rage would go over much better.

Tim: you have a map to draw. go to bed.

humans were created in their own image

Neil

Did anyone actually think that Obama was sophisticated?  I thought it was fairly well-known that he was a jumped up ward boss, and that associating with the leadership classes would always be awkward.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on April 01, 2009, 10:51:23 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 01, 2009, 10:47:17 PM
Who paid for this bullshit? The taxpayer?

Well we sure didn't pay much if we did.
After the billions in stimulus and such there just wasn't enough in the budget for diplomatic gifts :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Berkut

Wow. The idea of giving someone a copy of your own speech.

Fuck, why not a signed Collectors Edition set of his books while he was at it?

Or maybe an essay written by him titled "How I would run England if I were the fucking Queen".
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on April 01, 2009, 10:58:00 PM
Wow. The idea of giving someone a copy of your own speech.

Fuck, why not a signed Collectors Edition set of his books while he was at it?

Or maybe an essay written by him titled "How I would run England if I were the fucking Queen".

Oh please she gave him an autographed photo of herself.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.